Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some pics of my rhom with a tape measure outside the tank, I used my net to move to to the glass. This is as much strees as I want to cause him.I took the first picture Feb of this year. and the other picture is from this week. It's not as accurate as taking them out but it's very close.
In 6 months time there's been a full inch of growth .I played with Photoshop to count pixels of tape measure compared to the length of the fish in pixels just to be sure .My other rhom is just over 7 inches now for a growth of only 1/2" over the same time period. It does eat less than this one.
Pete
Feb Picture

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
So whats the exact size??? Plus have you tried measuring it outside of the tank? Usually size varys outside of the tank...

BADASS Rhom, IMO!!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Nice Job!! However, please elaborate on what was done in order to get such growth? Feeding? Water temp? Ph? Setup in tank? Tank size?

Keep up the good job!

~Dj

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
you must be doing something really right to get a good growth like that keep it up

i dont think you will have much distortion on the size as the rhom is right next to the glass in most cases when measuring p's inside the tank you would.
well done
dixon

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
That's an impressive growth rate indeed, for a rhom that size

Good job mate, and yes, please elaborate on any special measures you took

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really can't say I've done anything different .
The tank temp is at 82, I do weekly water changes of at least 20% vacuuming gravel every time.
Feeding Diet had been high in nightcrawlers .
Nightcrawlers 2 or 3 a day for 3-4 days of the week with beef heart/shrimp filling out the rest.
He was getting a couple dozen feeders a week untill 2 months ago when the weather got warm and the feeders turned reallly shitty.
I just recently added bluegill to the diet but that couldn't have helped.
I don't squeeze the poop out of the nightcrawlers , I've always just rinsed under the faucet and dropped them in.

He really wasn't very active when eating that much , for the past couple weeks I've got to feeding every two days , the activity level has risen dramatically with him (and the other one)chasing everything that goes past the tank.
I think I'll just go back to the old schedual and see if his growth stays up, I'll trade activity level for growth.
I'm picking up anither rhom tomorrow, I think I'm going to feed him
N-crawlers everyday with some shrimp and beefheart and I'll monitor his growth.

Does anyone else feed their P's a diet high in n-crawlers?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I don't take my fish out of the tank...but i measure the net instead...my net is exactly 8"...just go from there...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts