Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long do i have to wait before I can add these fishies together.... i dont want the bigger guys taking out the little guys like feeders.... any sudgestions would be greatly appreciated.. the little ones are taking down pieces of shrimp without problems!

· Registered
18,153 Posts
Impossible to predict.
I added five 1-1,5" reds to my then solitary 4,5" red (that had killed all his 6 tank mates when younger) in the past, and all are still alive (well, the large one passed away, but that's a different story). Others can tell similar stories.
And yet others will tell you stories of size differences of an inch or less, with failure as result.

Fish are fish, and it's impossible to say how they will react to changes in their surrounings.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
i'd let that 3 incher catch up a bit. he will because he's smaller and still growing faster than your six. you may get away with putting them together when the smaller hits four, four and a half inches. putting fish greater than two inches in size difference often leads to the smaller one turning into a meal for the larger. i've got pygos with 3 inch difference together, but there's fish in between the largest and smallest so that may be helping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.