Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is letting me have his 55g tank, so I'm wondering, what sort of combinations would be good for that size of tank?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
3 RB's,Elongatus,Spilo,Rhom if u are willing to upgrade in a couple years or and solitart Serra

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would personally get a bigger tank if you can afford it! If so I would get 7-8 red bellies all very small in size so you can watch them grow. Upgrade to a 125 gallon tank in about 5-6 months
If you can't afford it, just throw 3 reds in there like my poor ass

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking of getting 3 cariba's for thee 55g tank, and a small (1") rhom for my 35g. Then when the rhom gets bigger I'll put him in at least a 100g tank, more if I can afford it, and keep the 3 cariba's in the 55. Would that work?

·
Registered
286 Posts
People say that caribe are territorial so therefore need more room than say a red belly. But I would think you should be fine with the 3 caribe in a 55 gallon

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
3 caribe in a 55 is too small for them. I've witnessed it. But you never know, I've had very tame caribe before so who knows.

·
Registered
873 Posts
in a 55, I would get either 2 wild red bellies + 1 ternz, or 2 wild red bellys + 1 cariba. it'll give you a little adversity in the pygo world.

~Will.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Get a Spilo.....I don't have one, but wish I did. From what I hear they could live in a 30g for life so a 55g would be awesome for a spilo. Plus they're a tight looking fish. If that's not what you like, then go for the 3 caribe.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Trust me on this: if you want Caribas get at least a 70g tank (where you can put up to 4-5), they are less aggressive among each other the more than they are...3 in a 55g might give you some problems (maybe not, depending on your fish temp)...or you can put 3 Reds in your 55g (personally i hate Reds) or a big Rhom...otherwise a Rhom will do fine in a 35g for a while (maybe years depending on size)...good luck...
!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts