Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just picked up a 55g with lights,stand, top, emp400 and powerhead for 100$ off gregslist.com Problem is I didnt realize it before I left but the trim on the bottom is broken on the back side of the aquarium. Its been siliconed back but I wonder how strong it is now? Is there a way to get replacement trim or can I just make sure its well attached and be ok?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Depends on the type of construction. Some tanks are pretty much firm with glasses only and the trims are only decorations. Some tanks are more or less supported by the trim.

I believe your tank is a used one, otherwise I would get a new one. Do you have any pictures?

Harry

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
alot of tanks im seeing these days have no trim..maybe its just my area or something..i dont really think it would be a problem...but if your worried id get it fixed then, pic would be nice too

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah id have a pic but i cant find the camera.. i think my dog ran off with it somewhere, which would mean ill need a new one... anywho it seems to be only decoration as its a pretty solid tank and was holding water for 8 months before I bought it. Not sure on the age but its pretty thick glass compared to my new 30g I have. I think Im going to reseal where its broken myself and reinforce it by epoxying another layer of plastic over it and test it out. It wont be the prettiest thing on earth but its on the backside so you'll never see it. Already has a painted blue background but I think ill change that to black as it was saltwater and is now gonna be a piranha freshwater tank. thanks and ill get pics soon as i find the flippin camera

1 - 4 of 4 Posts