Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate cichlids and I deceived myself into thinking that they are cool . I WANT TO GO BACK TO PIRANHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have decided to get a RHOM !!!!!!!! for my 55 GALLON Tank. First will this work ???? secondly tell me everything I need to know about Rhoms because I have only Kept Red Belly's in the past thanks.
:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Well with rhoms they grow quite slow on average .5-1in a year. If you get one small they are fairly cheap around $30 or cheaper. Getting one that is 10in+ that will cost 150-200. It depends on your wallet. Personally I like larger rhoms. They tend not to be as skittish as smaller ones and the smaller ones are slow growers. At larger sizes they have more of a pronounced personality. I would try to get one about 7-9in.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I agree with MPower. Get a larger one, 7-9 inches because you will be an old man by the time he gets big if you get him as a youngin'. He'll work in the 55 but he'll be the only beast that you can keep in there. After a few years, I would definately upgrade to a bigger tank. Have fun and keep us posted on him. Rhoms rule!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
True. I wouldn't get anything smaller than 5 in. for your 55. He's gonna be fine in there for a really long time, but The bigger they are the more itimidating they look.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Agree, but by the time it gets somewhere near its potential size, it's the year 2020, and I guess by then S. Rhombeus has enough money to get it a tank it deserves

·
Registered
564 Posts
Judazzz said:
Agree, but by the time it gets somewhere near its potential size, it's the year 2020, and I guess by then S. Rhombeus has enough money to get it a tank it deserves
Haha. Funny Jonas. 2020.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
yeah a 55 would be ok for a 7 '' rhomb .i toyed with this idea but decided to add a piraya to my tank and stick with pygos

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
MPower said:
Well with rhoms they grow quite slow on average .5-1in a year. If you get one small they are fairly cheap around $30 or cheaper. Getting one that is 10in+ that will cost 150-200. It depends on your wallet. Personally I like larger rhoms. They tend not to be as skittish as smaller ones and the smaller ones are slow growers. At larger sizes they have more of a pronounced personality. I would try to get one about 7-9in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts