Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got a 55 gal. tank and i have 3 rbp's. should i leave the pack the way it is or would it be alright to add a few more. thanks for the help.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Depends on the size of you RBPs. I have a 55 right now and my 3 RBPs are pushing 5" and I would not want more then 3 now. More then that and you may have some nasty injuries.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I am in the same situation as scavee. I have 3 reds that are about 4" now and I wouldn't add anymore in there. They shoal great together in a pack of three and it gives them more swimming room.

Joe

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've got the same setup, and I would leave it at 3 for a 55 gal. They seem happy, but if you were to add more, it could be a big problem when they grow bigger.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have 5 in my 55g tank.
i got them when they were about the size of a nickel, now they are about 3-4 inches and are doing fine. I throw in a few nightcrawlers a day, and they eat that and leave each other alone. when they get about 6 inches, i will get a bigger tank. right now they have much swimming room, all i have in there is a few plants and one cave and some driftwood. They seem to love it

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
:nod: yep what mpower just said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts