Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 rbps in a 75 they are small now but i was just curious what are the chances that they will breed?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Not really good.. but if you were to say if they'll be ok to be housed in, then yes.. theres a possibility!!

For Ps to breed, your gonna have to give them enough room to even think about breeding. Comfort and space is the main neccesity for these fish to even pair up. But if they did/do decide to breed, chances of sucess in hatching eggs would be a long shot.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Let them mature and once you start seeing territorial issues and some protectiveness towards another RB then its time to seperate and hope you get lucky

·
Registered
6 Posts
don't mean to step on any toes here but I think your chances are great buddy have had many sucessfull spawns in even a 45 long with 5 p's in it, anyway goodluck buddy just wanted to give you a little hope! with the right conditions and right fish they will do it...patience is the key

·
Soft Machine
1,687 Posts
how small are we talkn?

they must mature, but it can happen.

just don't hold your breath

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
In that tank...about 0.00001%
!

·
Registered
328 Posts
your chances are not great ....however 7 months ago i bought 3 reds at dime size. one of them died so i bought another, then 2 months ago i bought another red that is 5.5 inches.

just this last friday i found eggs in my 45 gal tank that houses all four of these reds and alos a 7 inch oscar.

im sure that these fish are very stressed and stuff from being crowded but they went and did the wild thing.

dont let anyone tell you its not possible, because it is.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
tyourkie66 said:
your chances are not great ....however 7 months ago i bought 3 reds at dime size. one of them died so i bought another, then 2 months ago i bought another red that is 5.5 inches.

just this last friday i found eggs in my 45 gal tank that houses all four of these reds and alos a 7 inch oscar.

im sure that these fish are very stressed and stuff from being crowded but they went and did the wild thing.

dont let anyone tell you its not possible, because it is.
so what your saying is that you purchased these reds separatly
interesting................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts