Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kid i know has 5 black piranhas and 2 redbelly pirnhas in a 55 gallon tank all about 6 months old. he hasny had one fish die yet. how come this kid seems to be doing fine where as everyone else only puts one black piranha in one tank. also just to mention hes getting a much bigger tank in the future but just thought i would state

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
i kept 2 rhoms together for about 3 yrs from the size of a nickel and i have 1 rhom 1 " with 2 rbp 2" in a 110 gallon now from my experience when theyre younger theyre not nearly as bad as when they get older but sooner or later and it will happen the reds will die 1st then eventually u'll have 1 rhom...period!!! unless u get 3 seperate tanks for the rhoms and 1 more for the rbp

110 gallon 2 rbp 2", 1 rhom 1"
55 gallon 7" rhom

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
mbraun15 said:
This kid i know has 5 black piranhas and 2 redbelly pirnhas in a 55 gallon tank all about 6 months old. he hasny had one fish die yet. how come this kid seems to be doing fine where as everyone else only puts one black piranha in one tank. also just to mention hes getting a much bigger tank in the future but just thought i would state
The question is are you sure they are Rhoms?? Sounds to me they are some other species.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
one day your friend will come home to one fat ass rhom..with five p's head floating on top..

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
sccavee said:
mbraun15 said:
The question is are you sure they are Rhoms?? Sounds to me they are some other species.
I was thinking the same thing. "Are they really Rhoms?" Within 6 months, there should've been some casualties in his tank. Besides the fact that they're (I assume) 4" or bigger, 7 Ps in a 55 gal is already too small and his Ps would've already fought over territory and space.

Best thing to do is to post a pix of all his Ps in the tank. Then we can determine if what he has is true.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
RhomZilla said:
sccavee said:
mbraun15 said:
I was thinking the same thing. "Are they really Rhoms?" Within 6 months, there should've been some casualties in his tank. Besides the fact that they're (I assume) 4" or bigger, 7 Ps in a 55 gal is already too small and his Ps would've already fought over territory and space.

Best thing to do is to post a pix of all his Ps in the tank. Then we can determine if what he has is true.
great point

110 gallon 2 rbp 2", 1 rhom 1"
55 gallon 5" rhom

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
sccavee said:
mbraun15 said:
thats what I was thinking

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
pics would be nice to determine if they are rhoms good point sccavee.
a 55 gal is way to small for that many p's is also another good point i had 4 reds and sometimes that would be bad enough spot on rhomzilla
dixon

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
uh oh, if there are all 6 months old, then you dont have to worry about the rhoms killings the rbp, you gotta worry about the reds killing the rhoms. The reds would be atleast 3 times larger then the rhoms, then he would be left with 2 reds, then only one. Sounds fishy.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
sccavee said:
Xenon said:
YES! Pygos will eventually take over all Serras!!!
I think you may get some different opions on that.
That possibility is as solid as the Rhoms killing the Pygos before they get bigger than the RBs in 6 months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts