Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 5 p's about 4-5 inches long that aren't very aggresive, and i was going to buy another one thats twice the size and thickness and quite aggressive. if i put him in with my 5 will there be problems? , anyone with personal experience, i'de love to hear stories, oh and my 5 and the one big one are all normal red belly p's, identically the same, so im not mixing breeds. thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p.s this topic is not related with my previous post, that was for a friend, my p's aren't babies, their about 1.5-2 years old (im guessing)

G

·
When I used to have RBP I had one that had grown twice the size as the other 3. He was always in the same tank from being born. When he got to twice the size he was an absolute bully and would have eaten them. I had to put him in his own smaller tank and let the others catch up in size.

I wouldn't recommend doing it, even a new one the same size can lead to problems. IMO a bigger one is asking for trouble.

Wait to see if others have had better experiences.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
never had a good experience with adding a p that is different size. i lost 2 small rbp, they were around 4'', to my large rbp. i would not do it. if u want another p try to get one that is about the same size as the ones that u already have.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
i have added different sized ps with decent results. sometimes some got eaten and other times it worked out fine. it's definately doable, just risky.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
kyle_5rb said:
i have 5 p's about 4-5 inches long that aren't very aggresive, and i was going to buy another one thats twice the size and thickness and quite aggressive. if i put him in with my 5 will there be problems? , anyone with personal experience, i'de love to hear stories, oh and my 5 and the one big one are all normal red belly p's, identically the same, so im not mixing breeds. thanks
[snapback]823637[/snapback]​
i remembered xenon told us that red bellies arent too much aggressive to their own kind, but it still depends on the individual character of the fish. I have only expirienced mixing sizes with a 2 inch difference and it was a success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts