Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anyone tell me bout what they've experienced with their P's temperment???
Any one who has a pygocentrus cariba or a serrasalmus compressus please tell me about they're temperments.
****A$$ Pinches &SOur graPes****
Baraccuda
}--]--D<

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Caribas can live with other pygos, but they will have a more aggresive influence on your tank, I've noticed ever since adding my caribas in with my Super reds, everyone is more aggresive and the frenzy is much more exciting, the only problem is lip biting

As for Compressus, they are serrasalmus so they can not live with other fish, they seem to be pretty aggresive, nothing notable like altuvie or rhoms though.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
bring the compressus back like now or asap and pick up atleast (2) more cariba if you only get one they will kill each other.

How large is your tank and how much filtration do you have?

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
put it this way when i first got my caribe(6") and plopped him in with my reds (7-9") he owned,first dibbs on food all the time

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Esoteric said:
bring the compressus back like now or asap and pick up atleast (2) more cariba if you only get one they will kill each other.

[snapback]931475[/snapback]​
I have a 55 gal. and a 10 gal. and as for how much filtration i have i have filters but i don't know exactly what ur asking? How much?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
pirahnasRsexy said:
Esoteric said:

[snapback]931475[/snapback]​
I have a 55 gal. and a 10 gal. and as for how much filtration i have i have filters but i don't know exactly what ur asking? How much?
[snapback]932428[/snapback]​
Hes asking how many times your filter will filter the water in your tank per hour. They are usually rated gph or gallons per hour.

I have a compressus, hes small, only about 3.5-4 in, and is very shy. He wont stand anything in his tank. He killed a pleco the first night i put him in. If you put more feeders then he can eat in one night i will awake to a tank floor of dead feeders. He really only comes out at night and have only seen him eat once in two months.

I am hoping that he will come out of his shell soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts