Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hiya all, i've just brought a brand new powerhead (3200lph) for £20, it was the last one in the shop selling for £44.99. 2 years ago i sold 3 10-11" reds cheap to this fella, he remembered me and said he'd sort it for £30, i cheekly said "any chance of doing it for £20 as i did sort them reds for cheap" he laughed and said go on then, it just goes to show if you don't ask you don't get. buttrock.gif . I only turn this powerhead on for 4 hours a day. The rhom gets a very good work out and eats sh*t lots , at the moment i feed him big pieces of heart,chicken fillets,king prawns and splats(big ones). the total power in the tank is 800lph filter(on 24/7) and 3200lph powerhead when turned on totaling 4000lph.
rampage
3200lph powerhead
Gas Vehicle door Automotive exterior Glass Electric blue Head Food Ingredient Human body Jaw heart

Attachments

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I am not sure if you have a question, or if you are posting a FYI. Nonetheless, congrats on the PH pick up and getting a great price on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hiya all, i've just brought a brand new powerhead (3200lph) for £20, it was the last one in the shop selling for £44.99. 2 years ago i sold 3 10-11" reds cheap to this fella, he remembered me and said he'd sort it for £30, i cheekly said "any chance of doing it for £20 as i did sort them reds for cheap" he laughed and said go on then, it just goes to show if you don't ask you don't get. buttrock.gif . I only turn this powerhead on for 4 hours a day. The rhom gets a very good work out and eats sh*t lots , at the moment i feed him big pieces of heart,chicken fillets,king prawns and splats(big ones). the total power in the tank is 800lph filter(on 24/7) and 3200lph powerhead when turned on totaling 4000lph.
rampage
3200lph powerhead
View attachment 133001 View attachment 133002 heart
Wow it was kinda tough to understand what you were trying to say but I think basically you picked up a 3200lph powerhead for 20 pounds. Anyway looking at that picture, I dont think that powerhead is anywhere close to 3200lph. I picked up a Magdrive 9.5 about 3 years back which is 950 gallons per hour so its close to 3800lph. It was definitly more than 20 pounds or even 45 pounds and its much larger than that unit.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
uh yeah.....that does not look like a 3200lph powerhead.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
whats the brand ? looks just like my powerhead it looks a bit bigger than my pdh 4 which turns out 980 lph.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe that 3200lph rating is like the 360W rating on these $9 multimedia speakers
http://www.supergooddeal.com/Cintre_RW_555...l_p/rw-555b.htm

Maybe the pump is rated at 3200lph PMPO

seriously though, it probably wont even push 1/2 of that. 1/3 of it if its lucky. The magdrive 9.5 works out to 3800lph and its probably about 7lbs in weight and its big. I had no probs fitting four AAA batteries in the inlet and a AA battery in the outlet - for size comparision.

uh yeah.....that does not look like a 3200lph powerhead.
View attachment 133132 View attachment 133133

Rampage
[/quote]

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Damn, great job getting such a good powerhead for cheap. Must have some big internals. I belived you, it is just so small for that much power. Did you hook it up yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts