Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is that a good deal because my local fish shop has 3 left and im not sure if i should grab a couple.....will they be alright together?

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Are you going to try to keep (2) S.Brantii in the 40gal? If so I would have a divider in there ... Serras don't usually play very well together so you could end up with one or two damaged p's.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
I think that is an excellent price for S. brandtii. Are you sure that's what they are? They could be just gold piranha (S. maculatus/spilopleura), because S. brandtii are pretty rare.

No! You cannot keep more than one together, it is absolutely necessary that they be kept in their own tanks. They would kill each other otherwise.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you going to try to keep (2) S.Brantii in the 40gal? If so I would have a divider in there ... Serras don't usually play very well together so you could end up with one or two damaged p's.
i have a 50 gallon tank ......36 L / 18 W / 18 H ....i was thinking about keeping 2 in there...but i guess ill just buy one...im not to familiar with these fish i jus spoke to the guy over the phone.....what should i look for when buying it to make sure there really brandtii, im going after the pats win

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for the confusion, i meant 40 bucks for the fish

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
go to the shop, take a picture of one of the brandti's u like with a good camera, a side shot...post it on here, we'll have an answer in literally 1-2 hours. or u can visit the page b_ack51 suggested which i and everyone else uses on here..... www.opefe.com/brandti.html

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, like Dawgs said... love to see a pic of the guys.

·
6,351 Posts
The pics u posted in the other threads show that this is infact not a brandti and are Denteculata's....you can keep those in a group....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The pics u posted in the other threads show that this is infact not a brandti and are Denteculata's....you can keep those in a group....
thanx for the info......but i had them with my redbellies and he was bulling them around, but also got nipped a couple times......should i put him back, and also do u think the rbs will kill him or the other way around?
?

·
6,351 Posts
^ cant say, because ive never actually kept a Denticulata, and ive never heard of them with reds...maybe someone on here has?

GL

·
6,351 Posts
eh but since ur reds will out grow the dents and i dont think dent's are heavy on eating meat, but ur reds are, if something was to go down, i dont doubt that the reds will make quick work of the dent.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
take em

1 - 19 of 19 Posts