Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
he will be ok for a little while but not happy. you should really get him a new tank or give him to someone who can provide him a larger tank with playmates.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
why not add 2 more and put them in your 33 gallon - it will be better for a while.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
good luck keeping all those alive, depending on the size of the oscars, they may eat the red or vice versa. Either way, they all get too big to last very long in that tank.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my oscar are 3 inches, redbelly 2inchs, convicts i might get rid of cause they mate all
the time, pleco 5-6 inches they will be moved into a 55 gallon in about 3 months
then the 4 inch redbelly will go into the 33 gallon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I predict problems in both tanks - you dont have enough space for the oscars or the piranha.
I would keep the convicts and enjoy their mating behaviour, and also keep the pleco, sell the rest.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no i am keeping the redbelly, and i'm getting rid of the convicts and i might sell two of my oscars
and keeping the pleco

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
ACDC, I mean this in a kind way and am not trying to trash you.
You may want to do a little more research into piranha's. Other than the pleco, there is not much that will live with a p. reds are not solitary fish, they like to shoal and should be kept at a minimum of 3. To have happy reds the 3 should be in atleast a 55.
Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am getting a bigger tank in a couple months and more redbellys.
once i get a job i will be getting much bigger tanks (not to big).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts