Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Guy.
I have no idea where he is.
He made an Escape Act two weeks ago and I found him 3hours later near the basement door.
Well, now he's done it again!

Crafty little bugger.
Looks like this time he climbed up the eggcrate divider and onto my AC110 pillow batting I use as a "Silencer".

Here's a pic of him taken yesturday.
He's been missing since this morning.
I just noticed right now after I checked on todays pics. He wasn't in any of 'em.

4" Blue Clawed Crawfish. MIA December 7th 2006.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
that sucks.. but he pry would have been eaten sooner or later.

sucks though i had a newt climb out once.. u should secure ur lid and all ur holes better if u want to keep an escape artist.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice tank... and he was SMART to have escaped. A slow "drying out" death is more tolerable than a ravaging - ripping of the flesh. You may fare better if you put in a cave or something for him to hide in/under. Speaking of which, are you SURE he isn't hiding?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nice tank... and he was SMART to have escaped. A slow "drying out" death is more tolerable than a ravaging - ripping of the flesh. You may fare better if you put in a cave or something for him to hide in/under. Speaking of which, are you SURE he isn't hiding?
I'm sure. I stired up the sand even, he's not in that tank.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My crawfish has made several unsuccessful attempts to escape. I think he's given up... it's been in there for 2 years now. I did have issues with fiddler crabs - who were ALWAYS escaping like that. I ended up having to use moving tape to seal the areas they could escape from (around the filters).

I hope you find him before you smell him (once he dies and starts to decay).

Here's some pics of mine... first one, he's just praying for help... the second one, you can see him "cowering" behind the plant... the third one is just the menacing faces that has him ready to attempt another escape

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
sweet tank man looks real good

only thing i can say is G/L and look everywhere

p.s.
any full pics of your tank

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts

p.s.
mine did that a couple times. i found him both times tho once he went from the 2nd floor to the main floor. then the next time he was behind my bed so i had to move all that and rinse the dust bunnies off of him.

hope you find him but he is likely toast by now

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

p.s.
mine did that a couple times. i found him both times tho once he went from the 2nd floor to the main floor. then the next time he was behind my bed so i had to move all that and rinse the dust bunnies off of him.

[/quote]
Yeah, he's probably gone by now. The best I could hope for him now is him somehow finding his way into the toilet bowl and flushing himself.
Here ya go. I keep running out of that $10 I need to get a background... preferably black.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
srry for the loss but IMO better him dead thna having him potentially innjuring your reds in the long run.
True say.

Still, the tank feels kinda empty without him.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
yeah but he said it looked empty?

oh better yet go buy about a dozen zebra danios.. ! those will liven up your tank for a week or so.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah but he said it looked empty?

oh better yet go buy about a dozen zebra danios.. ! those will liven up your tank for a week or so.
a week or so!

·
Registered
580 Posts

p.s.

[/quote]
Yeah, he's probably gone by now. The best I could hope for him now is him somehow finding his way into the toilet bowl and flushing himself.
Here ya go. I keep running out of that $10 I need to get a background... preferably black.
[/quote]

man thats a 75gal wot size is that tank wot are the measurments it looks huge

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
Mine escaped months ago and I never found him and he wasnt eaten since he was in a tank with feeder guppies.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
This topic does not belong here, but I don't know where else to put it so...

*Topic Moved to Freshwater General Discussion Forum*

1 - 20 of 23 Posts