Piranhas Forum banner

4" Crawfish Blue

604 views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  the_skdster 
#1 ·
Poor Guy.
I have no idea where he is.
He made an Escape Act two weeks ago and I found him 3hours later near the basement door.
Well, now he's done it again!

Crafty little bugger.
Looks like this time he climbed up the eggcrate divider and onto my AC110 pillow batting I use as a "Silencer".

Here's a pic of him taken yesturday.
He's been missing since this morning.
I just noticed right now after I checked on todays pics. He wasn't in any of 'em.

4" Blue Clawed Crawfish. MIA December 7th 2006.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice tank... and he was SMART to have escaped. A slow "drying out" death is more tolerable than a ravaging - ripping of the flesh. You may fare better if you put in a cave or something for him to hide in/under. Speaking of which, are you SURE he isn't hiding?

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm sure. I stired up the sand even, he's not in that tank.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
My crawfish has made several unsuccessful attempts to escape. I think he's given up... it's been in there for 2 years now. I did have issues with fiddler crabs - who were ALWAYS escaping like that. I ended up having to use moving tape to seal the areas they could escape from (around the filters).

I hope you find him before you smell him (once he dies and starts to decay).

Here's some pics of mine... first one, he's just praying for help... the second one, you can see him "cowering" behind the plant... the third one is just the menacing faces that has him ready to attempt another escape

#8 ·
sweet tank man looks real good

only thing i can say is G/L and look everywhere

p.s.
any full pics of your tank

#9 ·
mine did that a couple times. i found him both times tho once he went from the 2nd floor to the main floor. then the next time he was behind my bed so i had to move all that and rinse the dust bunnies off of him.

hope you find him but he is likely toast by now

#12 ·
True say.

Still, the tank feels kinda empty without him.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sure, why not?
$1.00 to whoever finds his rotting smelly carcass.
I hope somebody finds him before he stinks up the entire house...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.