Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 baby reds about 1 1/2" which i just started feeding them small gold and they just rip them to shreads and eat them. I also feed them beef heart and blood worms.
I am wondering how often i should feed them because these little buggers never seem to get full?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
At 1,5" it's best to feed them twice or 3 times a day: once they get more than 3", feed them once a day, and once they hit the 5-inch marker, once every 2 days is. Adult Reds (7-8" and up) can be fed once or twice per week.

As far as the diet goes: I would try to avoid beef heart and feeders, as they aren't really healthy (they can both even cause health problems in the long run) - I'd stick to flakes, sliced and diced earth worms, mosquito larvae, blood worms, and krill for now, and add shrimp/prawns, mussles and fish (fillet or whole fish) when they get bigger.
Feed live fish and beef heart only as a treat, say once or twice per month...

*Moved to Feeding and Nutrition*

·
Registered
575 Posts
i have 3 small rbp (1 and and half maybe) and i feed them top fin brand ciclid pellets and i feeder them feeders liek once a week i feed them in the mornin and 1 in the evening, i give like 6 or 7 pellets, and more and they dont eat them within like 5 minutes

·
3,901 Posts
I'd go with flakes, bloodworms, freezed baby shrimp at that size, if you want to feed something live try some ghost shrimp or small crickets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts