Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I add 1 more adult red to my 55 gallon that currently has 3? The 3 in there right now are all approximitely 8 inches. They look totally fine space wise and was thinkin about adding 1 more. Just let me know what you thin, or what your experiance is with this! Thanks

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
I WOULDNT DO IT UPGRADE 1ST THE RULE IS 20 GALLONS PER FISH SO 1 MORE U WOULD NEED TO UPGRADE BUT IF THEYRE THAT BIG THE TANK U HAVE THME IN NOW COULDBE TOO SMALL EITHER WAY KEEP US POSTED

·
Registered
106 Posts
i had 4 juvys in my 55 until my smallest totally friggin disapeered. im talking nothing. bastard didnt even leave a note or anthing.

but yea i think 4 is coo, a little crowded but as long as they are fed a lot there shouldnt be too many problems.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
This is going to be that arguement of the overstockers vs. understockers (AKA THE RIGHT WAY LoL.). You can stuff anything into any size tank. In that since, yes 4 reds in a 55 is possible. Personally I think that 3 is pushing it too far. (of course I mean good sized, 6+ inches). But thats just me.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
4 in a 55 gal would be ok depending on size of your Ps. Personaly I would prefer leaving it at 3 due to territorial space for each and having your Ps eliminate each other in time.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
o snap its eric said:
Your sure can have 4 adult ps in a 55.
eric u like to overcrowd and yes u could do it sh*t i could put a pacu in a 55 but its not good 4 rbp 8" in a 55 is not good period ! u know that for alitle while at best with p's 8" im goin with a 90 at least andi still would upgrade to a 125 the again like givin my p's alot of room but 4 8" in 55? come on

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would say yes it can be done and has been done and will be done.

But its best to have 3 or 5, keep them in odd numbers so its harder to pair up and bully each other.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
It can be done but i can´t recommended it, you need enough room for healthier and happier Ps...upgrade to a bigger tank if you want more Ps or stay with 3...!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I don't think I am going to do it, BUT if I run across a real good looking red belly, it's going to be hard to pass up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts