Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,900 Posts
i have tried to keep a couple of cray fish in my tanks there r some good things about them (that they r good clean up crew as u say) but there r some downsides to them. they can hurt your p. the cray will probably try to attack your p and if your p is small the cray might hurt him i wouldnt leave him in there. i would get a large pleco or catfish

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
waspride said:
yeah i kinda figured that, but no worries i really don't care about him that much......im actually kinda waiting for it to happen.
[snapback]837682[/snapback]​
They were chillin in the same corner this morning when i woke up and the crayfish attacked. Im going to take him out today, put him in my sisters tank.

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
Crayfish are often predatory in the aquarium environment. There's a very good chance it will eat whatever you put it in with, I had a crayfish attack one of my piranhas and leave it blind in an eye, very stupid mistake on my part. I'd highly recomend using crayfish only in a species tank where it won't eat any of your fish.

· Serras n Snakes
3,411 Posts
waspride said:
I have a good size crawfish in a 30g together with my 3in Rhom. I want to keep him because for now hes a good clean up crew, but do you think it will stress my P out?
[snapback]837645[/snapback]​
Since your crayfish is a good size and its a 3"rhom , I would seperate them for now or your rhom might end up being a meal for the crawfish (or hurt) ... now the tables will turn when the rhom gets bigger ... the crawfish might become a meal for the rhom!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.