Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what piranha would be best to get for a 30 gallon aquarium? got a spilo but i want something very mean my spilo is kinda skittish

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I would go with a Rhom

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If he's all by himself he will be sittish. If you can get a bigger tank that'd be sweet. Wait till he gets bigger. they are a pretty aggrassive fish compared to most reds.
MAD

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Most piranhas will be skittish if you haven't been in their presence much before. Usually the more you're around the tank the less skittish he will become. I've been spendin too much time on this forum and not enough time in front of my tank until recently. Now my reds and my altuvei and rhom are less skittish as their used to me being there more often.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
all P's are skittish, thats one of the things i hate most about Ps. it all boils down to the individual's personalitie. some might be killers and some might not be.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
All p's and any type of fish will be skittish when they are not use to something.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Give your spilo some time and allow him to grow. He will get petty aggresive. I'm putting a Spilo in my 30 gallon as soon as my LFS gets him in.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Any 1" P is going to be skittish. I have not had golds but from what people say, they will out grow it. I have a 2" Splio CF and he is not skittish. Keep the gold.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
at 1'' i would think you could not tell what its going to turn out like .
i would just watch it grow spend loads of time with it to get used to you and see what happens
if you still unsure about it sell it and get something else
dixon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts