Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Back Rhombeus

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which piranha should I get for my 30 gallon long? The Gold Spilo and the Rhombeus are available at my LFS so I have the choice of picking a healthy one. Also I won't be able to upgrade the tank for around 5 years so I don't know if that is good enough for a Rhom. I don't like having to have it shipped but will if absoulutly necessary.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I voted ternetzi, but I have changed my mind to a rhom - because I'm crazy like that

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm gonna get a Gold Spilo. I would've gotten a Rhom but I want a large 10"+ one and that won't fit my 30 gallon for 5 years until I can upgrade. I'll just get a Gold SPilo so I have a piranha that can fit my tank for life and I have the choice of picking a healthy one from my LFS.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
That is what I'm planning on Hydro. I hope he's aggresive. My red's are so skittish. I had to get a tank for a mean piranha as soon as I could. Now I just have to wait a few days for my LFS to get him in.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I voted NULL, not that those are not good choices but I would like to try some Exodeans say about 10 or so in that tank. they are also labeled Buck tooth tetras and are known to be mini P's maintaing the fin nipping and scale biting habits, although they do not grow as large as P species.
... Just a thought... ...to be a little different...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
But if you plan on putting something in that tank and can't upgrade for 5 years then go with a small rhom, he/she will be fine there for maybe that long. Best if you upgrade sooner than that. I have a 4" rhom right now in a 20 temporarily but he'll soon have 80 gallons all to himself when I get my 180. Try making a trade for an upgrade or don't get piranha's cause I would not recommend any piranha living 5 years in only a 30 gallon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i voted for cariba when they are alone in i tank they know it's thiers and if u put another fish inside he
would kim him but a rhom or elongotus would work to

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
You are much better off with a spilo, medinai or irritant. Pygos need to shoal and a 30 is too small for a shoal. Little rhoms are usually not very exciting and grow way too slow. Elongatus need much more room than a 30.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts