Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
It may work as long as you decorate the tank heavily so they can sort of seperate themselves from one another. Once they get to 5" you will definately have problems.

-Kevin-

·
Registered
118 Posts
they've been shoaled.. yes, will they shoal in a 60gallon? i highly doubt it, you will have some serious casulties. Save your money

·
Registered
431 Posts
true they have been shoaled, but not without heavy losses. They arent Pygos... seems like a lot of people are trying to turn them into them or at least mimic their behavior

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I suggest you heavily decorate your tank it will help you alot, the more cover you can provide them the harder it will make it from them to sucsessfully attack eachother

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sir Nathan XXI said:
I suggest you heavily decorate your tank it will help you alot, the more cover you can provide them the harder it will make it from them to sucsessfully attack eachother
i want to decorate it, but i put tinfoil around the light and poked holes in it so the light would be very dim...because my piranhas rbp's and the spilos get crazy when the light turns on. i get scared cause it seems that they might hurt themselves... but i think im still thinking of selling two of the spilos..

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
these fish will shoal together but are not a close shoaling fish like other they like loose unorganized shoals .. so not really a shoal but sorta...

·
Registered
118 Posts
snow cichlid is right, spilos have a toleration for each other, much different then a shoal, perhaps a powerhead would help, spilos have territory if they arent in a large enough enviornment "in which case they are constantly moving" and i dont think there is enough surface area in that tank for 3 large (5"+) spilos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts