Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My rhom's eyes changes color. It goes from red to silver and then back again.
It would stay silver for a few hours and then back to red. Anyone know why it changes color like that? Thanks.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Mine does that too. Since we got out fish from the same source and same place at the same time i can say whatever your fish is doing weird mine is doing the same too. hehe. Now on the real side, i see my Rhom changes eye coloration too and i have noticed they turn silver when they are a tad bit scared. Mine turn silver almost everytime when i walk into the house and start staring at him. His eyes also turn silver when i come close or start messing with the tank when he is not expecting it. But after he knows im looking at him or whatever, his eyes turn back to red.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
My light bulb is broken so he been in natural light for the past 3 days. It seems that with natural light his eyes stay red more often than with a light bulb on. Or! it can be that he is use to my presnce so he isnt scared anymore.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
He is probably scared when he first sees you because he'd be startled so his eyes turn silver. Then when you've been around for a while he gets used to you and his eyes turn red. When I die maybe I'll get reincarnated as a piranha. Then I'll tell all you guys what everything means......somehow.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
How are you going to speak to us? Jump out of your tank and get on the comp and start typing? Someone should invent a fish translater. Where is homer simpson's brother when you need him.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came home at night and turned on the lights in my room and noticed my rhom's eyes were already silver so I don't think it's because he's scared. When I woke up in the morning, his eyes were red again.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I bought a fish from the same batch as your's, I've been checking the eyes closely a few times each day, they've been red each time I've looked...sorry if this doesn't help, I'll keep you posted if I notice any changes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts