Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just looking at a picture of a thread before some ones growth of a rhom and he said he noticed a little bit of fin rot on him and 1 of my 3 rb's has that same thing what is it caused by and how do i get rid of it. is it harmful? Another question is, is my stereo in my room harmful for my piranha's? im thinking that the bass will up set them?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Fin rotts are most caused by stress. This matter should be dealt with ASAP for it can spread quickly through out the fin, making it fall off and CAN KILL your fish.

Where is your stereo located? Unless its right in front of your tank or on top of it, vibrations from the bass would be the reason to stress out your fish

·
Registered
63 Posts
your p's fins are rotting probibly because of REALLY BAD water quality. thats usualy what causes it. do a 40% water change and clean your filters, add some aquarium salt too.

the bass from your stero can strees out your fish. they have good hearing and are really sensitive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the piranha's three days ago and i think he had it sense i got him but not sure and the stereo is located on the other side of the room and i have not used it sense i have had them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the biggest 1 is about a inch and a half and the middle 1 is about 1.25 inch and he's the 1 with the fin rot. there in a 10 gallon tank. they are trying to bite each other so with in the next week im going to move them to a 55

·
Registered
63 Posts
o snap its eric said:
I remember reading that stero vibrations does not affect the fish because its at a different frequence?
i dont see how the vibration on the glass doesnt affect the piranhas "peace and quiet" .

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Movement or vibrations of the glass (caused by tapping it, for example), will send tiny pressure waves through the water. These are picked up by fish's lateral line, and if they are powerful enough, they can cause an involuntary muscle contraction, which causes the fish to move suddenly (defense mechanism). Too much of this can cause stress.

*Moved to Disease, Parasites and Injury Forum*

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am not sure wether high volume music/bass stress out fish, but you definately know it can't be doing any good... I suggest keeping the stereo at moderate volume levels if it is the same room as your P's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts