Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 4 3" RB's and all the sudden they just stopped eating........they actually look really skinny. Water parameters are all fine. They are acting kinda weird though, they will just swim in a pattern up and down the tank......anyone have ideas on how i can get them to eat?

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
i have 4 3" RB's and all the sudden they just stopped eating........they actually look really skinny. Water parameters are all fine. They are acting kinda weird though, they will just swim in a pattern up and down the tank......anyone have ideas on how i can get them to eat?
What is your water parameter? what tank size does you got them in, what did you feed them, how long have you has them for. You need to give us more infor. It could be many thing cause the little one not to eat.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Right,

We need those water parameters here. It is not enough that hobbyists in trouble say they are fine. There really might be something that would help us.

But, then again, for how long have they been without any food?

Harry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im headed to pick up a test kit for nitrites and nitrates.....on my way home should i get whitefish from the grocery store....they are only 3" long.

you need to feed them a diet consisting of stuff like talpia, fish fillets, shrimp, white meat etc....that will make your p's grow healthy, with very nice colors....post us with some info tho

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
you need to feed them a diet consisting of stuff like talpia, fish fillets, shrimp, white meat etc....that will make your p's grow healthy, with very nice colors....post us with some info tho
[/quote]

yeah you could get white fish...get fillets....or get raw shrimp...that helps out with color and all...i got cooked shrimp which doesnt do much....need the raw stuff, and white meat is great for p's....your temp is at a good spot...keep it there...

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Yeah, get some talipa. At 3" they should have no problems eating it. Also, you can try some garlic extract (I believe that Kent and Seachem make it) that will help get picky eaters to show some interest in the food.

Do you also have a NH4 test? If not, get one of those as well.

yeah you could get white fish...get fillets....or get raw shrimp...that helps out with color and all...i got cooked shrimp which doesnt do much....need the raw stuff, and white meat is great for p's....your temp is at a good spot...keep it there...
phrantic, if you go with raw shrimp make sure that they have the shells on. The caratien in the shells is what produces the color in fish.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
True, piranha can eat every other day, but at 3" they should be feed once a day IMO. Mine are at 5.5", 6", and 6.5" and they eat every day. Actually, I had to fed my twice yesterday because they were still picking at one another.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
True, piranha can eat every other day, but at 3" they should be feed once a day IMO. Mine are at 5.5", 6", and 6.5" and they eat every day. Actually, I had to fed my twice yesterday because they were still picking at one another.
i figure them being 3" should be fed once to maybe twice a day, like mine are ranging from 5 1/2 - 6 1/2...i feed them when i wake up (noonish) and about 10pm everyday....i like to keep them full to creat less nipping/fighting happenin

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
i figure them being 3" should be fed once to maybe twice a day, like mine are ranging from 5 1/2 - 6 1/2...i feed them when i wake up (noonish) and about 10pm everyday....i like to keep them full to creat less nipping/fighting happenin
I believe that you keep your tank about 82 degress, if you want to lower the aggression you can lower the temp (78), and that will also help. Plus, keeping them well feed like you do also helps.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
There are many factors on why your piranhas are not eating...

Water perameters
already full
etc

If your water is good, this is still a normal behavior...Just put you heater around 82 so they can get more hungry eatc as stated

There are many factors on why your piranhas are not eating...

Water perameters
already full
etc

If your water is good, this is still a normal behavior...Just put you heater around 82 so they can get more hungry eatc as stated

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.