Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
When I usually drop some shrimp or fillets into the tank they eat as long as it's in the "air", but lose interest once it hits the gravel. So I tied the food up in a fishline. Take a look what do you think?

clip

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
damn those little savages. they can probably cut the line...meaning i dont think the line is best for them when digested. Do they like worms? If so, there is a worm "inflater" that you inject air into the worms and they float on the top.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those worms floating, haha.. Well, the problem is that here in Norway it's so cold outside right now, (warmer in april, march) So the earth is so hard to dig in, but I will try worms in the spring.
They haven't cut the line yet, maybe they will. I'll see. This is just a temporarily "experiment"
And when they're done, I wont have to take the food up from the gravel, just take the line out (lazy).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ries said:
nice video i like it

[snapback]890678[/snapback]​
Thanks Ries

I've heard of so many having juvies/babies rbp that won't eat infront of you. Is that often? I don't have that problem. Maybe they're talking about when they are less that 2"?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I got my babies at 2" and they were very reluctunt to eat in front of me for a few months.

Great idea, i should have thought of that myself being a fisherman and all that!

·
Registered
611 Posts
DepH said:
When I usually drop some shrimp or fillets into the tank they eat as long as it's in the "air", but lose interest once it hits the gravel. So I tied the food up in a fishline. Take a look what do you think?

clip
[snapback]890520[/snapback]​
damn just the clip I needed to see because I have the same problem mine are only 1 1/2" I know what u mean when u throw in chopped shrimp they only eat as much as they can before it hits the bottom but I gotta try that... my feeding schedule is blood worms in the morning before I go to work and at night I give them chopped shrimp.... thanks for the clip...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts