Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my dad was being a douche cause he said im going to get a 125 gal but some thing tells me its not going to happen. so i have my acrylic and every thing but im wondering if 3 caribe is good for life in a 95 gallon say 48x24x20, im actualy going to get 4 but i figure one might die so il have 3 for life. [/b] so is a 95 gallon good for life with 3 caribes?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with Rocker, that should definitely work for life for three Cariba.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Honestly it'll be alittle crammed in the tank. Caribes can grow huge, I've seen some 14-15 inchers in person and a 4 ft tank would be tiny for them. I saw about 6-8 fish about that size in a 240 gallon and well at 14 inches, lets just say that tank was just about right( or tight) for them.

You should look into a 6ft tank.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Don't worry... a 95g tank is OK for 3 Caribas for life in most cases
!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think a 95 gl tank should be good for 3 so their is no need to get another Cariba because if you do, you will be setting yourself up for failure.

Hater

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Honestly it'll be alittle crammed in the tank. Caribes can grow huge, I've seen some 14-15 inchers in person and a 4 ft tank would be tiny for them. I saw about 6-8 fish about that size in a 240 gallon and well at 14 inches, lets just say that tank was just about right( or tight) for them.

It takes bit of time to get to 15 inches so im not going to worry. Oh Hater why would i be setting my self up for falure, i would figure if i buy 3 and one might get eatin (which i hear happens alot) i would 2 have to then i would have one. Later il just be pay even more for the fish then if i just bought 4, if they all stay alive il just sell one so i will have 3.
* oh yeah im getting a 4ft tank cause i dont have room for a 5 or a 6 unless my dad finishs his house.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts

It takes bit of time to get to 15 inches so im not going to worry. Oh Hater why would i be setting my self up for falure, i would figure if i buy 3 and one might get eatin (which i hear happens alot) i would 2 have to then i would have one. Later il just be pay even more for the fish then if i just bought 4, if they all stay alive il just sell one so i will have 3.
* oh yeah im getting a 4ft tank cause i dont have room for a 5 or a 6 unless my dad finishs his house.
[/quote]

I know it takes take some time to get to 14 inches or more, but you asked for life. No way a 14-15 inch fish will be comfortable with other 14-15 inch fish in a 4 ft tank. But for sometime they will be okay, probably in 3 years or so, you'll be thinking of getting a bigger better tank for those fish. I believe the tank you asked about has the exact footprint as a 75 gallon other than height and well a 75 would be small for 4-6 caribe.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Hater why would i be setting my self up for falure, i would figure if i buy 3 and one might get eatin (which i hear happens alot) i would 2 have to then i would have one. Later il just be pay even more for the fish then if i just bought 4, if they all stay alive il just sell one so i will have 3.
I seriously dont think Hater meant that phrase as a way to put you down but an adviceful statement from what he, and other hobbyists, have already went through throughout the years.

I cant say either one of you is right or wrong.. one gives out adivce from experience, the other trying for personal experience. And as most can tell you sometimes rules can be bent by experiementing, which can also lead to possibilities of defying and success. But in the P world sometimes its better off listening to the enthusiats, that way you'd save yourself alot of headaches and $$$.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hater why would i be setting my self up for falure, i would figure if i buy 3 and one might get eatin (which i hear happens alot) i would 2 have to then i would have one. Later il just be pay even more for the fish then if i just bought 4, if they all stay alive il just sell one so i will have 3.
I seriously dont think Hater meant that phrase as a way to put you down but an adviceful statement from what he, and other hobbyists, have already went through throughout the years.

I cant say either one of you is right or wrong.. one gives out adivce from experience, the other trying for personal experience. And as most can tell you sometimes rules can be bent by experiementing, which can also lead to possibilities of defying and success. But in the P world sometimes its better off listening to the enthusiats, that way you'd save yourself alot of headaches and $$$.

[/quote]
ok i thought a came off a little mean, but yeah il just listen to u guys since its my first p but later i might get a 125 gallon so i still might get 4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts