Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm a new Proud OWNER of a Rhomb just need to know what to feed him. I have feed him Beef Heart and nothing But he did destroy a gold fish. Just need info Don't want him to die cause its not like I can go to the petstore and pick one up. And I just got him Yesterday From Brandon @ Rodgers Aquatics.

·
5,336 Posts
mine eat a rotation of shrimp, white fish fillets (talpia, catfish) salmon, squid, octopus... and anything else but easy on the salmon, its high in fat and needs to be washed... and i also breed convicts and keep 5 or 6 for a good chase here and again...

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
mine eat a rotation of shrimp, white fish fillets (talpia, catfish) salmon, squid, octopus... and anything else but easy on the salmon, its high in fat and needs to be washed... and i also breed convicts and keep 5 or 6 for a good chase here and again...
sounds good

·
5,336 Posts
oh... and hang the food on a string and suspend it mid tank... mine wont eat off the ground, and i hate stickin my arm in to retrieve the leftovers...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Should I feed him like once every 2 days or what do you suggest.
I got a black rhom from Brandon also, He has been eating guppies for the last 2 weeks since I havent been able to get him off live food until last night I fed him freeze dried krill tied to thin fishing line and the other end to a rock so it was floating in the middle of the tank. He would come out and take the shrimp when I turned the lights off usually within a half hour.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well all he does is stay at one end of the tank like he's scared and I know he is I jus t wanna see him eat that way I know he isn't gonna die on my ass. And yesterday I got him 5 Rosies so we will wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
mine wouldnt eat anything but live fish at first but that gets old fast. I starved him for a couple days then fed him frozen shrimp pieces. He doesnt eat them as fast as feeders, but he eventually eats it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts