Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I orginally had 3spilos (2.5inches) in a 60 gallon, and from observation, I've noticed that 2 of the 3 would always fight each other and never the 3rd one which kinda just chills on the side.
When I drop in beefheart; the 2 dominate ones would attack the beefheart and eventually start attacking each other. One of the 3 would eventually chase the other 2 away; so that particualar one must be the a$$ of the group. I took it out and have it in a solitary tank now; the other 2 still left in my 60 seems to be getting along fine.....are they male & female? Those 2 have always stuck together while the meaner one goes off wandering around the tank.
What do you all think?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I would say that perhaps you just have one that is much more dominant then the others. At that size I dont think the fish will display male/female roles yet. Maybe when they get bigger. But who knows, hopefully you have a male and female. I would not allow those 2 p's to live in the same tank together. Sooner or later you will have only one left in that tank.

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I don't think so...they are too little to mate, maybe just good friends!

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
InSinUAsian said:
I would say that perhaps you just have one that is much more dominant then the others. At that size I dont think the fish will display male/female roles yet. Maybe when they get bigger. But who knows, hopefully you have a male and female. I would not allow those 2 p's to live in the same tank together. Sooner or later you will have only one left in that tank.

~Dj

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seperated all 3.....I am now looking to get a wolf fish hoplias mar...uh don't know the spelling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts