Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
8,410 Posts
NEWBIE4NOW said:
glad they didnt find the shark
[snapback]946509[/snapback]​
Me Too!!

I think it is absolutely REDICULOS to kill a shark for killing a man that was in THE SHARKS WORLD!!

Getting eaten by a shark is just one of the dangers of snorkeling/diving!!

Leave the shark alone!!

·
The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,279 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't think the guy would have died instantly from being bitten in half. I'm sure most people would like to think so but sadly it ain't gonna happen.

My some what disturbing 2 cents

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
icedizzle said:
I'm sorry but I don't think the guy would have died instantly from being bitten in half. I'm sure most people would like to think so but sadly it ain't gonna happen.

[snapback]946521[/snapback]​
Correct, for maybe thirty seconds he could reach down and feel the jagged edge of his spine. Helluva way to die.

-PK

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Yikes,a 20 footer! I like to fish but I never swim. They say he died instantly? Not even a WTF? or AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH I JUST GOT BIT IN HALF!

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
icedizzle said:

i totally agree. i don't know where the logic is in that, but there's no reason, scientifically, for a man to die instantly after being cut in half. if he was snorkeling, he'd be able to breath and see. i suspect he actually lived for quite a while before dying.

i'm also glad they didn't find the shark. it's one of mother nature's way of keeping our population in check

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Civic Disobedience said:
NEWBIE4NOW said:
glad they didnt find the shark
[snapback]946509[/snapback]​
Me Too!!

I think it is absolutely REDICULOS to kill a shark for killing a man that was in THE SHARKS WORLD!!

Getting eaten by a shark is just one of the dangers of snorkeling/diving!!

Leave the shark alone!!
[snapback]946515[/snapback]​
Thats why I won't go into his house(I don't swim).

·
Registered
375 Posts
NegativeCamber said:
A 20 footer bitting your suba instructor in half. Wow, that would be an excellent spring break story to come back to the states and tell!!

[snapback]946536[/snapback]​
Ever the optimist!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Even if he didn't die right away, it was pretty fast. And I doubt he felt anything.

·
1,279 Posts
I can't see why they want to kill it... its not like it ate the guy.

I know that sounds harsh but sharks in general test food by biting, sadly one bite is all in takes in this case. Bottom line though is its not a man "eater"

another disturbing 2 cents

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Guys, ever hear about what survivors describe a big shark attack like? They say it's like being hit by a truck. And these are the survivors. If this guy got chomped in half, he was probably hit really, really fast & hard. Ever see the footage of them attacking seals & jumping straight out of the water? The shock from impact alone is enough to knock you lights out
...so he probably did die instantly. That is unless, of course, he was leisurely chewed on...

And call me selfish or whatever you choose, but if that was my friend, brother, father, etc. I'd want that shark dead. Yah, it's his world & not his fault & all that, but god damn I'd want to see it shriveled in the sun. And who's to say it won't attack again, like the great white shark in New Jersey in the 20's I think it was - killed like 5 people in a week.

How many of you live where the grizzly, the mountain lion, and the wolf once roamed? You're in what used to be their world. Would you let them roam free through your streets today? Would you turn a blind eye while one of them bites your son or daughter in half?

C'mon, let's have some common sense, and not just toss back what we hear on the discovery channel during shark week...

Just my 2 cents, don't mean to insult anyone.

·
1,279 Posts
Scrap5000 said:
Guys, ever hear about what survivors describe a big shark attack like? They say it's like being hit by a truck. And these are the survivors. If this guy got chomped in half, he was probably hit really, really fast & hard. Ever see the footage of them attacking seals & jumping straight out of the water? The shock from impact alone is enough to knock you lights out
...so he probably did die instantly. That is unless, of course, he was leisurely chewed on...

And call me selfish or whatever you choose, but if that was my friend, brother, father, etc. I'd want that shark dead. Yah, it's his world & not his fault & all that, but god damn I'd want to see it shriveled in the sun. And who's to say it won't attack again, like the great white shark in New Jersey in the 20's I think it was - killed like 5 people in a week.

How many of you live where the grizzly, the mountain lion, and the wolf once roamed? You're in what used to be their world. Would you let them roam free through your streets today? Would you turn a blind eye while one of them bites your son or daughter in half?

C'mon, let's have some common sense, and not just toss back what we hear on the discovery channel during shark week...

Just my 2 cents, don't mean to insult anyone.
[snapback]946571[/snapback]​
I can see every point you made... I'm sure we'd all be thinking alittle differntly if it effected us personally.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
hyphen said:
icedizzle said:

i totally agree. i don't know where the logic is in that, but there's no reason, scientifically, for a man to die instantly after being cut in half. if he was snorkeling, he'd be able to breath and see. i suspect he actually lived for quite a while before dying.

i'm also glad they didn't find the shark. it's one of mother nature's way of keeping our population in check

[snapback]946526[/snapback]​
Im not sure if im reading the article right, but...it doesnt say WHAT half the shark bit off. If he bit his top half off...yea...

btw, kill the shark!

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
hyphen said:
icedizzle said:

i totally agree. i don't know where the logic is in that, but there's no reason, scientifically, for a man to die instantly after being cut in half.
Yes there is, shock. I imagine he probably did die instantly

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
elTwitcho said:
hyphen said:
icedizzle said:

i totally agree. i don't know where the logic is in that, but there's no reason, scientifically, for a man to die instantly after being cut in half.
Yes there is, shock. I imagine he probably did die instantly
[snapback]946865[/snapback]​
I think he died very quickly too - maybe not instantly, but if his spinal chord was severed, I wonder how much he actually registered of the whole occurence. And when bitten in half, wouldn't you be bleeding to death within seconds? And when hit by a 20ft Great White, I can imagine it's like being hit by a truck: I'd assume the blow would knock you unconcious... And there's the shock.

Either way, not a pretty way to go

btw: looks like there are still some pretty big Whites roaming the Australian waters. I still remember the incident from a while ago when a guy being toed by a little zodiac was attacked: also bitten in half...
How big would a Great White need to be to actually bite an adult man in two?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts