Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought they'd be answered easier if i started a new, clean thread.

I have a 55G....

1)can I keep 1 rb for life or
2) how about a rhom for life?

I think I might go with one single rhom if my tank will allow me but i'm not sure cause i'm kind of attached to my biggest rb. he chases my finger outside the tank

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
niether would be good "for life"...On a different note, one rbp would be fine in a 55 for a long time, as would a rhom if you bought it at any size under 6-7".

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
A 55 for one RB would be plenty of room for life, although a 50 breeder would be preferable.

The rhom could be in there for many years if you got it when it was small. Again, a wider tank would be preferable.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WorldBelow07 said:
rhom would be cool in that tank for a couple years
[snapback]877180[/snapback]​
so a rhom will grow out of it.... but i could keep my one rb in there forever?

·
Registered
162 Posts
you can keep a rhom in there for a while depending on it's size, if he's a 4 incher you could keep him in there for at least 2 to 3 years and when it looks as if he's getting too big then just swap his tank for a larger one.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
You can keep a Rhom in that tank for quite a long time. They are VERY slow growers. One rbp could live in that tank for life, but it wouldnt be very intertaining considering they are a shoaling species.

I would recomend a Irritan perhaps. This species can also live in that size tank for life.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
I agree with Scott. Why not go with a smaller serra species that can live in a 55 gal for life? There are a good selection to choose from and each are very nice. It is rare that a single rbp would be that good to house. And though a juvi rhom would okay in there for some time, ultimately it will need a 100+ gal tank.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you think they are big enough yet that i need to lay down all that driftwood flat on the sand or are they still pretty small? They seem to really like to hid behind the wood on the left of the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts