Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i but two rhoms together in a tank from babies how long before they kill each other, i know it will obviously happen eventually but how long do you give them in a 50 uk gallon tank,

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
umm. obviously you are planning to do this, so you're going to do it no matter what. I strongly urge you not to, especially in such a small tank. I would give the rhoms, with perfect feeding habits, no more than a year. In other words, they won't make it past six inches no matter what you do. Unless you buy a huge tank. In reality they won't make it more than a couple of months. Once again folks, I apologize for giving somewhat vague answers, but where is it written?

I had my juvi rhom with 4 other reds for about 3 months, then they starting getting slaughtered by the other reds when I would go out of town. Finally, I ended up with a red and a rhom. Rhom was about 3 inches, and the red passing 4. The red actually did quite well until about two weeks ago when I moved him to another tank his heater didn't do its job. Point is, I had a red and a rhom together for about 4 months with no problems except the occasional fin nip. The rhom never ever ever had an injury. I can't give you a good answer for a rhom and a rhom, but its not a good idea. Hope you consider passing, Kevin

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no im not planing on doing it was just asking out of interest

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
necroxeon said:
put a divider...
[snapback]892111[/snapback]​
This would be your best option if you want to keep 2 rhoms. They'll have plenty of time to grow in that tank if you buy them very small. Once they get too big you can get an identical tank and put one in each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts