Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had these two rbp in this 20 gallon tank for about 6 months and they have been doing great. I religiously change the water every week and check all the ph and temperature of the water. I plan on getting a 55 or 60 gallon tank soon. How long could i survive with those two rpbs in that tank. Also in that new tank i plan on gettin i want to get a 6 or 7 piranha. What species of piranha could i fit 7 or 8 in a 55 to 60 gallon tank?

· Registered
1,693 Posts
more than 3 pygos in a 55 is dicey. very dicey. it has worked, but plan on stressing about it. buy a 55, buy another pygo species piranha, raise 3 of them to be big, fat, and vicious, and you'll be thrilled. 3 reds in a 55 was fun when i did it. just enough room for 3 medium pygos for a good while. 7-8 p's in a tank is definitely a 100 gal + operation

· Registered
486 Posts
actually... for the original post... i have been raising 4 rb for the past 4 months from about 3/4 inch. at first i had them in a 30 gallon and they now live in a 55 gallon with a quickly growing 6" oscar and a black convict. theyre about 3-4 inches now and there is plenty of space for them. this gives you an idea how quickly they will grow. i assume theyll be about 6" in the next 5 or so months. i know eventually they will outgrow it but without the oscar (which by the way is for sale/trade) they would be good for a long long time with plenty of space in the 55. I would say, unless you have experience with large tanks, take it slow and in steps as they grow. I wouldnt get much bigger than a 30 as your next step because going from a 10 to a 30 gallon is quite a difference and a 55 was even a leap for me from the 30. plus a 30 gal is a little easier on your wallet (actually a lot easier).
think about rocks, decor, filters, water changes, etc....let me know how it goes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.