Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adding 2 more reds to my existing 7 I now hve 9 in my 120g. They have never been more alive. They left their favorite corner to swim the entire tank, top to bottom. This is awesome and I recomend overstocking Natts.

-Kevin-

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Regaurdless of what I previously posted, If this is going to be the best P site, We better get some serious action here. I know there are more than 10 members here. Don't be afraid to give your opinion. Ask anything on your mind...that is what forums are for..........I should be an administrater.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
luva40, your encouragement of the board is great. If you were an administrator, what would you do? The time between your posts was roughly an hour and a half. Shouldnt you allow a little more time for an intelligent response on a Friday night?

Regarding your original intention of this thread, I completely agree with overstocking natts. I am not gonna lie, I will probably attempt to put 9 in my 90 gallon. I dont think the 20g rule applies to pygos. My experience is that they are happier and more energetic in larger groups.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi.I had 2 reds in a 55 for a year.When they got to 9" they started fighting like behavior.I suspected this would happen so about 3-4 months ago I picked up 3 juvie's.(That's all the stores near me sell)About 3 weeks ago I mixed the 3-31/2" reds in the 55 with the 9"ers.So I now have 5 reds in a 55.The fighting with the larger pair has stopped,and 4 of the 5 school together.They are all alot less skittish now and are MUCH more aggressive when feeding.I don't know how long they will live peacefully together,but it has worked out great so far.
Later Eric

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can't say it enough overstocking reds is a PLUS! I don't follow that bogus uneducated claim of 20g per fish that so many follow like they are some kind of cattle. It only depends on what species of piranha will I go for it. I would do it on piraya but only if they were big.

Once again I told you overstocking was a good thing*wanting to ram this thread up the idiots who think otherwise* :veryangry:

SMTT

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its really the best way to come up with breeding pairs. That is why I am overstocking.

-Kevin-

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
luva40 said:
Ask anything on your mind...that is what forums are for..........I should be an administrater.
Marco, have you learnt how to spell, and changed your username?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
it is Marco's most commen saying, after
I got mad skillz! :rockin:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
hey xenon how big are you getting this natts.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have a friend with 10 in a 9 about 6 inches and 2 have paired up!

I also have a friend with 11 in a 80 and 1 has paired up in the couple weeks they've been in there.

I'd overstock if I had tank space and piranha resources besides shipping. I guess serrasalmus is my best bet for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts