Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
merry xmas yall!

well i have a 2 inch jackdempsey, 1 inch firemouth, and a 2 inch redbelly piranha which im gonna seperate soon as i get my other tank up and running, for xmas my family ate some sushi and sashimee, if yall know what that is, basically i had leftovers and took some plain white raw fish filets home to feed my red, but my jackdempsey is always the first to the food, he has a great unbelievable personality and is my favorite fish. he took a huge piece of the fish i threw in and his stomach was bulging you could tell he was full, but all day today he started acting different, he lost his outgoing personality and his stomach is still bulging out, and its been 24 hours since i fed him the sushi, he's usually at the glass just watching me but he's not acting like himself, could it be from the sushi? i don't know cuz im not really familiar with cichlids, these are my first cichlids i've ever owned, and no the sushi did not have anything else on it, there was no wasabi, or soy sauce on the small filets, this is the first time i fed him anything other than frozen brine shrimp, so does this sound normal, or am i freaking out for nothing??

thanks!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I think everything will be ok. I know you said there was not any other sause or anything on it so if thats true than you should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it just keep an eye on it for the next couple days it may just of been a little over feed. maybe next time dont feed it as much. But I think you eill be fine. Good luck and happy holidays

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
your fish will be fine but for now stick to pellets, flakes and krill/silversides and brine shrimp. prepared foods are a sure bet and wont pollute the tank so much. your piranha will appreciate fish cuts more then the cichlids and in time your cichlids can expand their diets to larger selections but when growing i like to keep my cichlids on a staple diet of prepared foods. never feed live food unless you raised it yourself.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
There's a simple reason for his sluggishness...he over ate...he's full, and is now lazing on the bottom. But, by the time you read this, I'm sure he's up and about looking for more sushi!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts