Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it mean when 2 cariba's are chasing each other???
Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yes more info is definately needed. However, it sounds like normal P behavior. How many p's are currently in your tank? How long have you had the tank setup? More info, more info...

INEEDCHANNA - I deleted your post in the buy/sell forum that was exactly the same as this one. I dont know if was a mistake of not. This is a better place for it anyway.

~Dj

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I accidently posted the same thing in the buy/sell area, sorry.
But I currenly have 2 4-5" cariba's in a 60 Gallon tank. I threw them in yesterday and I had the setup for about couple months now. It doesn't look like they are finbiting, it just looks like 1 of them is chasing the other all the freakin time, and its scary.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
You need to add another piranha or 2. Reds will do fine. The more dominant cariba is taking his aggression out on the less dominant one. There needs to be more fish in the tank for him to beat on or he will kill your other cariba. Go get a red or 2 the same size and it should be fine.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
damn, where am I going to find a 4-5" RBP in Los Angeles.
I know of a person, but he lives to far from me, and I'm at work right now.
You sure 1 of the cariba is going to die???
If anyone could help me find a couple of Reds in LA, that would be great!!

I do have 11 2" RBP's.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
ineedchanna said:
damn, where am I going to find a 4-5" RBP in Los Angeles.
I know of a person, but he lives to far from me, and I'm at work right now.
You sure 1 of the cariba is going to die???
If anyone could help me find a couple of Reds in LA, that would be great!!

I do have 11 2" RBP's.
Of course I cant predict what will happen, just stating what can happen and looks to be happening. If it were me, I would get at least one more red to spread out the aggression of the alpha piranha.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I agree with Pickle man

I guess I'd sacrifice a couple of those smaller reds (2 or 3 perhaps): maybe they will get killed (in which case, you still have plenty left), maybe they'll make it... Most important is to remove the cariba's interest in each other as long as they're acclimatizing and establishing territories.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Keep us posted on what route you take to help cool down the aggression!! Also.. pls show pix!!!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Agree, there is a more aggressive P trying to dominate the other...you shoul add more Ps (at least 1) as recommended...if you can't buy another, low tank temp to decrease aggression and always remember to keep them well fed...if aggression do not decrease with time you can use a divider to separate your Ps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts