Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like me and my fiencee may be buying a house here pretty soon. I have never lived in a place that I couldn't live in the basement or keep my tanks on the basement floor. I need to know if I can even have my 2 135 g tanks on the second floor of the house. is there anything I can do since they will be in the same room?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If the upstairs is big, it's not like having one or having two is going to make a difference. The entire 2nd floor won't come crashing down. Figure out where the walls on the first level are and try to place the tanks as close as you can to those spots.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Get the blueprints for your house and place the tanks over as much bracing as you can.. think about how many gallons a bathtub is or a water bed... the floor *should* be able to handle it as long as you place them correctly.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the basement is unfinished so I may be able to add more joists to it to help out. maybe even some support posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
It depend on how much support the brases' of your new home will have

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
bummer i would much rather have a fish room .... well theres always the risk of that tank crashing through the floor but as said b4 it can hold a bathtub it SHOULD be able to hold your tanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts