Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the 180 Tall on Glass Cages.com http://65.197.157.223/newto/pages/main.asp...iewCat&lCatID=2 it looks good and a great price a think tell me what you think and what filter should I use I have a aqua clear 500 on my 55 gal tank right now and it says on the box support up to 100 us gallons so should I get another one and dual them? Also how many piranha's can be in there?

Thx

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Honestly.. I wouldnt get a "tall" tank
Your Ps need more room to swim sideways, not up and down.
Its a huge tank, but still would need to be upgraded when your Ps get bigger. Space and territories are claimed by different areas and sections, not height level in the tank.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take Rhom's advice.
I have a tall tank, its not cool.

In the near future I'll probably sell my 150 tall, and buy a larger 'regular' aquarium.
Its kinda scary sticking your hands in a tall tank (mine is 31") with a shoal of 8.
Then again, mine are only juvi's...

-ttldnial

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
and its only 18" deep, from front to back, thats what i have now, it works, but im sure the would be happier with the 24" deep one.

plus it would be that much harder to clean the gravel.

its a nice display tank though

·
Registered
873 Posts
go for the 240 long . . . its 24" longer, and 6" wider. while that dosent sound like too much, you will be able to keep a larger shoal (both in #'s and individual fish size) than that 180 Tall. if your planning on getting a tank that you wont ever have to upgrade for your pirnahas, the extra $100 is well worth it!

other larger tanks they have that would be great for piranhas include:

340 Gal - 130 x 24 x 25
180 Gal Wide - 72 x 24 x 25
150 Gal Long - 60 x 24 x 25
125 Gal Wide - 72 x 24 x 17
100 Gal Long - 72 x 18 x 17

your going to need a crap load more filtration than 2 ac500's for anything over 75 gallons. for tanks 125 and above, I would sugguest you look inte getting a wet-dry setup. Info for these filters can be found with verry little effort.

Google search "Wet-Dry filters"
P-Fish Search "Wet-Dry"
Ask.com Search "What is a Wet-Dry Filter"

~Will.

·
Registered
285 Posts
EMJAY said:
and its only 18" deep, from front to back, thats what i have now, it works, but im sure the would be happier with the 24" deep one.

plus it would be that much harder to clean the gravel.

its a nice display tank though
Mine measures 24" x 48" x 31".

But for sure, get a regular, or a long tank.
Square tanks are cool too.

-ttldnial @100

1 - 6 of 6 Posts