Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a chance at a 180 tall its 48x29x30 is this an acceptable alternative to a 125? I assume becaus of the added width they would do fine in it, but wonder if its as much area as a 5-6 foot 125 seeing as how they are only like 18" wide i think.. I could even not fill it all the way to the top and do some sort of branches overhanging to spread out the water as it comes back for a kinda rain like pouring of the water into the aquarium. Just wanting opinions because I can get this for 375obo and was thinking on offering less of course. anywho let me know any opinions! thanks

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
personally i like wider tank...pygo would do well with wide tank...it really dont matter if you get long or tall tank..what it matter how well you raise them, how well you fed them, clean your tank, take care of them, etc.....

but yea i would go for it!...diffenatly a fair price.

·
Registered
114 Posts
says it comes with a 55 that can be used for a sump for free as well.. Id probably use it for another fish, but you know lol. I think it (the 180) would be big enough for them since its 2.5 foot by 4 foot of a footprint.. plenty of area to roam around. I know the height isnt much of a big deal for rbp's but with that space It would be much nicer I think than a 6 foot thats they have to squeeze to turn around in .. Maybe Im wrong but I think it would be a good choice. My 5 larger p's would be good in there. maybe even a couple more until they are all full grown. then thin it out perhaps. Either way it would be a good tank I think.. if anyone thinks otherwise let me know good or bad thoughts thanks!

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
you dont want to put more then 3 piranha in the 55g....it may look ok but is not..

i would recomend build up a wet/dry sump from your 55g...it's one of the best filteration around..

when i use to have my 180g..i use my 55g for wet.dry sump.. you can also turn it to a hopital tank or plants tank with a small Sancheis or smll Irritan if you like.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would probably be for that hollandi thing I got. Still unsure of what it is but Im pretty sure its not sanchezi because of the clear eyes and more elongated head so I figure I'll give him some room to grow haha. Either that or he can have one of my 75's or something. I dunno. I probably just have the 55 extra or for a sump setup seein as the 180 tanks already setup with overflow etc.. it was a salt tank but itll be fresh for me. I got a 55 salt already and until I get used to keeping it Im not upgrading size on saltwater stuff..
and 55g isnt good for rbp in my opinion, I think maybe one or something but my 75's look crowded in my opinion with just 5 p's that chase each other all over as is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.