Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
nonsense. you can easily get away with around 12-15 pygos @ 6-7". filtration would be an issue, you'd definitely need some heavy duty stuff. but if you can provide adequate filtration, i'd shoot for the double digits.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The answer to this question depends on if the length of the tank... How long is it? I definitly would not overstock and would only place 9-10 in the tank IMO.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
20 gal rule can be pushed with tanks over 100-120 gal,as hyphen said with good filtration. Often water changes a must also....

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would say 9 - 12, overstocking is not really a problem with 100+ gallon tanks, just don't go overboard.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
With proper maintenance and filtration I'd say at least 12, maybe 15 but you might have to take some out later on.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'd probably go with 9 or 10 if I was being honest with myself.

Remember: 25% of the water in a 180 is about 45 gallons. You probably won't feel like changing the water all too often.

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
whenever i clean my 180 i just sweep up the poop then let the python sit in the tank while i smoke or something. it really isn't too much work.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
9-12 pygos should be good. I guess it depends how much work you want to do.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
A dozen for a good few years, imo, monitor water closely for PH and Nitrates to determine how many water changes weekly you need to perform or if a buffer needs to be added. Once p's reach 12" plus you may need to sell a few.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have 13 in 120 with no problems. 4 rbp, 4 srbp, 3 caribe and 2 payra. i do weekly water change of about 40%. have 1050 gph filtration, and 1200 gph powerhead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts