Piranhas Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Here is what Nate means. He is talking about having the return line(s) from the wet/dry on one end of the tank, facing the opposite end. Then you would have the overflow(s) which feed the wet/dry on the opposite end of the tank. Does that make sense? I'm building a 240 out of acrylic and I'm going to build in two overflows, one in each back corner. I am probably going to use one return pump,which will put out 1200gph, facing the opposite end from which it sits.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for the info Lyle, yes it does make sense now that I have a wet/dry and I can see rather than imagine it. MAD those are the exact dimensions actually. Its gonna be huge, I can't wait. How big is your tank MAD?? I watched your video and your tank looks enormous. :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Rosecity, is Cayes pets just down Division from A to Z pets? and did you check out accent acrylic in Tigard? I heard they have some good deals too. I wish I had more room so I could get a bigger tank.

Will

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
sorry, I didnt catch your question, but Lyle was correct. There are two main ideas behind that setup, the main one is that your water will be mixed better with filtered and unfiltered water, this increases your filtration efficiency greatly, the second is that it will make it seem more like a natural river setting for your fish, and they will swim into the current

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
RosecityRhom. i have the exact aquarim 72x24x24. but mine is glass. i am VERY VERY VERY happy with it. i have 8 7"-10" reds in it. and everytime i walk in my room in the basement i say to myself...." wow thats a nice tank" hopefully when my reds spawn in it i will have some spare $ to buy some caribe,a ternetzi or maybe even a piraya some day
. but i am 15 and still young...
so all of that will come in time. i just recently got a rhombeus. hes cool.
. i know you will be very happy with your purchase. make sure you put a mean schoal of something in there.

ttyl

marco.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey Python, so you live in Portland or near it? Thats really cool. Yeah, Cayes pets is right on division. Its a great place to just hang out...the people there are really nice. I will buy my piranha from there from now on if I have need for anymore. I don't think I'll be buying anymore reds. I think my next purchase will be a few caribe if I want anymore piranha. I have a total of 10 right now and am very happy with all of them. You should swing by sometime and you can check out my set up once I get it. Right now all my boys are swimmin around in an 80 gallon allglass.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mad, you have one of the best set ups I've seen as far as number of piranha in a tank. 41 is quite amazing in itself...and the fact that you have had no fatalities is the other amazing fact. Keep up the good work and I look foreward to seeing more of your pics and videos. You have the perfect set up for it. I like the pics or videos(can't remember) of all your guys sitting under the concrete slabs...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I got me a glass 135 with glass top and lights brand new for $199.99. If anyone is interested the store is in Modesto California.

Tropical Haven
1707 prescott Rd.
Modesto Cali
209 522-4706

Awesome prices on nice built in stand and canopy.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
GARGOYLE said:
I got me a glass 135 with glass top and lights brand new for $199.99. If anyone is interested the store is in Modesto California.

Tropical Haven
1707 prescott Rd.
Modesto Cali
209 522-4706

Awesome prices on nice built in stand and canopy.
Put it in the store locator.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Python, so you live in Portland or near it? Thats really cool. Yeah, Cayes pets is right on division. Its a great place to just hang out...the people there are really nice. I will buy my piranha from there from now on if I have need for anymore. I don't think I'll be buying anymore reds. I think my next purchase will be a few caribe if I want anymore piranha. I have a total of 10 right now and am very happy with all of them. You should swing by sometime and you can check out my set up once I get it. Right now all my boys are swimmin around in an 80 gallon allglass.
Ya I live out West a ways, Im in Banks if you know where that is. I have been to Cayes before they had a sweet aro just inside the door.but they only had reds for Piranha's and im am not looking for any more of them. maybe our paths will cross some day in the Piranha trade.
Take care
Will

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Very cool...yeah they're arowana is sweet. The lady that works there told me he bit here while she was trying to feed him. She said f*** it and told the person who owned him to feed him from now on. Try A to Z...they're up on Division as well and every now and again you can find a Spilo or Rhom(they say they're Rhoms anyway). I just don't go there anymore cause I don't like the way they house there piranha.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.