Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i feed my four babies every three days... water params are fine and temp is even at 28C now why wouldnt they eat?

·
Registered
316 Posts
new tank? new set up? new p? anything different? how big are they?

i feed my 1.5" 2-3 times a day. but when i put them in the new tank they didnt eat for 3 days..

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nitrate (ppm-mg/l) 20
Nitrite ppm-(mg/l) 0
Total Hardness ppm 25
Total Alkalinity/Buffering capacity- 160
pH- (a touch high) 8.0

now they are my original 4 they ar 5-6" and all i have done is added more plants bnut havent moved anythig around! they have been in this tank for about a month and a half (130g) nothing other than adding plants other than that i havent done anything maybe im one day late on my water changes...and the temp is like i said at 28 Celcius..so now what could it be????

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
sometimes piranhas go on these little strikes of not eating. i have had a piranha that would go a week at a time or more on occassion. as they get larger this may start to occur. when they are small they are growing so fast they tend to eat very frequently and excitedly. I think it's normal piranha behavior. no worries.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but but but.....but....bu....but....ok
i hope they will be alright...
thanks for your opinions

·
Registered
371 Posts
Since moving my Ps from a 65 to 125, they've varied their eating schedules on their own. I still feed them a bite size of talapia each - twice a day. Sometimes they don't eat it immediately, but if I walk away and come back, it's all gone and their bellies are puffed. I know you shouldn't leave food in there for long, but you may want to just give them time to eat.

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
I feed my rhom a couple times a week is all--- your reds will be fine in that sense--- HOWEVER with more than one red I hope they dont get hungry all of a sudden and munch on each other???

·
Registered
655 Posts
try feeding them something new, maybe they are bored of what they are eating now. i Know i tried feeding my p's shrimp which they were eating fine the day before they never touched it this time .... so i dropped iin a feeder they owned him in like 2 seconds

·
Registered
523 Posts
try feeding them something new, maybe they are bored of what they are eating now. i Know i tried feeding my p's shrimp which they were eating fine the day before they never touched it this time .... so i dropped iin a feeder they owned him in like 2 seconds
x2 but i don't recommend feeders unless you KNOW they are safe. but yea try something new.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I agree that something new might help. Too much of ANYthing... including a GOOD thing, is still too much. They've just had their fill - maybe?

It's like this: I LOOooooove Snikers bars, but there's no way I could sit down and eat 3 or even 2 within a short period... they become almost nasty to my taste buds because my tastes grow tired of them.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
dude- are you comparing your taste buds to a fish? do fish have taste buds?....^
hes not comparing it...hes using us as an example...lets see you eat spaghettie for 3 months straight....guarentee'd you will get sick of it right??......maybe try switching up they're diet bud...see if that works

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
no you dont get it.... your still comparing your diet to that of a fish--- its just not a comparison that makes sense

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for trying to clarify ICEMAN, but not everybody has the aptitude to understand what an analogy is... dude is lost and has shown the world his ignorance. TWICE.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
... dude is lost and has shown the world his ignorance. TWICE.
I would take his advice over your any day!!!

I see exactly what KOK is saying. THESE ARE FISH GUYS!!! A diet to them is survival. Not "OH...I'm so sick of haveing catfish nugget all the time. I wish he would buy me some shrimp" Not the case at all. FISH EAT TO SURVIVE. They won't turn something down that they are used to eating simply because they are tired of eating it. If anything, they will turn down new foods.

Now we see he is showing thier ignorance....don't we.

no you dont get it.... your still comparing your diet to that of a fish--- its just not a comparison that makes sense
Exactly KOK...they don't get it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would take his advice over your any day!!!

I see exactly what KOK is saying. THESE ARE FISH GUYS!!! A diet to them is survival. Not "OH...I'm so sick of haveing catfish nugget all the time. I wish he would buy me some shrimp" Not the case at all. FISH EAT TO SURVIVE. They won't turn something down that they are used to eating simply because they are tired of eating it.

Now we see he is showing thier ignorance....don't we.
ignorance? Could you PLEASE explain how you know that fish can't be picky eaters? Are you telling me that you've personally experienced EVERY SINGLE one of the millions of captive OR billions of wild fish? One of the primary points made by the experts is that the fish have personalities and differ fish to fish... so WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU KNOW????

Oh yeah, Leasure... you may want to take some spelling and grammer classes. SHOW US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
You have baby reds and you only feed them every 3 days?

They should be getting fed at LEAST 2X a day.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts