Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 125g tank with 4- 6" caribes. i have had it up and running perfect for 3 months now and the water has been crystal clear and fish are feeding well. lately ive noticed tons of little particles in the water, but the water is still clear. and this isnt just after a feeding, this is all the time. its almost like they are too small to get caught in the filter. these things are about teh size of a pinhead and can only be seen in the bright lights.
ph is 7, 0 ammonia, water temp is 80. i have tried PWC's several times with no luck. have any of you had this problem?????? thanks, karl

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
do you have a pic of it?
did you do any vacuum on your gravel?
how often you do water change?
how long you leave the food in there after feeding them?

Because it doesn't matter if you got crystal clear water...if you dont do water change or do some vacuum gravel, that could be your problem..so give us more infor.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
sounds like left over food or he needs to clean his filters perhaps
more info with pics would help as mentioned

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i vacuum the gravel all the time and do water changed all the time. they are particles, very small. my camera wont pick them up. these particles are a new thing and driving me nuts, like i said, its almost like my filters are not catching this stuff, i never had it before. they always eat all their food, and i take out the leftovers immediatley when they dont. i have a fx5, a 405, and a emp 400. thanks, karl

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doesnt show up in pics. too small like i said. like i said, this is a new problem, ie had these fish in this tank for 3 months and this is new. karl

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
They are not oxygen bubbles, are they? When I had the spray bar of my canister filter, pointed straight down, it created 1000s of miniscule bubbles in the whole tank. Just a thought

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
micro bubbles are very common and in my opinion not all that bad. i have a sump running on my tank and have micro bubbles, they aren't harmful and like you said don't affect water clarity.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
tiny bubbles....otherwise, get a canister with some diff size sponges, or clean the canister you have.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, minute bubbles was what I was thinking too.
My tanks always have an abundance of them created by filtration, especially the AC 110s.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi guys, its not water bubbles. i guess some people on here use pot scrubbers in their filters, im going to try that out. thanks for all your replies, karl

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
surface area is not your issue. Bio filtration will not remove anything from your tank. Perhaps it is time to add some aditional mech filtration to the tank.
In form of Magnum filter or perhaps a diatom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts