Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp ,thinkin bout bumpin up from 8 to 11 pygo in the 135.
No probs w/ the 8 .
3ea-4"caribe, 2ea natts 9", 3ea super reds 3".
Want to pickup 1-3"piraya, and 2 more SReds 3".
Total would be 11 .
I have few plants in there now and some drift wood.
If i do this, i will not add even 1 more.11 wiil be it.
Anyone have simular set , as far as galls per fish goes?
Im not too worried now, im lookin to future when they all start poppin 10 iches.
never had shoal that big, can i go w/ this oram i pushin it.
O dimensions r 6'x18"x2' tall.
Id love to post pic but my clumsy girl dropped the camera:(.
Will soon though, thanks.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
The amount of Ps your planning to have in your tank is acceptable, if you provide propper feeding and hiding places for some. The only thing im worried about is the size of your 9" Natts compared to your 3" Piraya. How long has the 9" been living with the other 3"ers? I wouldn't care for the Caribas being smaller since they can hold their own, ds I can brush off.. but PIRAYAs man!! Those are expensive Ps!! I'd be worried about it being either eatten by the 9" Natts or killed by the Caribas.. I would hold off the Piraya unless you get a real huge one

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
The amount of Ps your planning to have in your tank is acceptable, if you provide propper feeding and hiding places for some. The only thing im worried about is the size of your 9" Natts compared to your 3" Piraya. How long has the 9" been living with the other 3"ers? I wouldn't care for the Caribas being smaller since they can hold their own, ds I can brush off.. but PIRAYAs man!! Those are expensive Ps!! I'd be worried about it being either eatten by the 9" Natts or killed by the Caribas.. I would hold off the Piraya unless you get a real huge one
well put

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Done deal fellas, thanks fo the input.
My reds are laid back, specially the larger 1
I threw the little super reds in at bout 2 inches.Been bout 10 days, they tad over 3" now.
They are some eatin fools.
None of the fish pay any mind to them , seems as though they so small
that they dont pose threat to the others, thus left alone."stiil hopin anyway".
aight , i keep u all posted on the future results.
thanks
Sal.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Good Luck man!! BUt as you may already know with Ps.. they might be all closely knit one day and kill off each another.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Yeap, it can be done but is most recommended up to 9 Pygos in a 135g...be carefull with size difference between your Ps and keep them well fed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.