Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 10 reds decided to take out my 4" common pleco last night

i had a feeling that they were gonna do this, but i just never got around to getting him out and placing him another tank.

i was gonna take a picture of him, but he smelled bad and was disgusting so i just flushed it.

i have mixed feeling about this cause i lost my pleco, BUT i now know my reds are badasses!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
he only cost $1.99 when i got him and i guess he did 2 dollars worth of cleaning in his lifetime till my reds got ahold of him

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
poor pleco and that is hella cheap for a pleco .

Your p's fear no fish

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Better be cautious. Next time it could be one of your p's being eaten. 10 p's in a 50 gallon
Thats only 5 gallons per piranha. 1/4 of what each one needs.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
piranha 13 said:
Better be cautious. Next time it could be one of your p's being eaten. 10 p's in a 50 gallon
Thats only 5 gallons per piranha. 1/4 of what each one needs.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i am aware of that, but they are very small at this moment.

i am in the process of getting a 100 gallon tank to raise them up in. at that point i will either get a larger tank or get rid of some. or both depending on their size.

·
Registered
384 Posts
90 gallon is pretty small for 8 oscars as well minimum tank space for 1 oscar is 55 i seen on the net here that oscars need space preferably 80 gallons for one just what i heard

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh oops. i actually got rid of 1...(i know that still doesnt make that big of difference)

i am not planning on keeping all of them. i will be getting rid of 5 more, i am waiting for them to "pair" off so that i will have a breeding pair

things are looking good now though. they are starting to lip lock and shaking their tales.."dancing".

i am excited about having a pair of oscars that will hopefully breed for me.

dont worry. i have had oscars before and i know how big they get..thats why i like them so much cause they get sooo excited when i come up to the tank.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sorry to hear about your pleco...but you knew it would happened

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
RAZORTEETH said:
90 gallon is pretty small for 8 oscars as well minimum tank space for 1 oscar is 55 i seen on the net here that oscars need space preferably 80 gallons for one just what i heard
Oscars get huge provided with the right conditions. The ones at my LFS in a 180 gallon tank would not even be able to turn around in a 55 gallon. They are probably about 8 pound fish that are approx. 15 " in length.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shred Revolution said:
RAZORTEETH said:
Oscars get huge provided with the right conditions. The ones at my LFS in a 180 gallon tank would not even be able to turn around in a 55 gallon. They are probably about 8 pound fish that are approx. 15 " in length.
i dont think he meant a 55 gallon tank...as they are only 12" deep and makes it hard for an adult oscar to turn. i think he meant more of 55 gallons for one fish. a tank depth of 18" would work fine

i cant wait till my oscars are 15 inch MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
XPiranhaX said:
your 1 1/2 Inch p's killed a 10 inch pleco.
and they didnt kill my 10 inch pleco....there was also a 4" pleco in there that they took down

the 4" pleco was in my 20, but when i moved all my fish around i had to take my 4" pleco from the 20 cause that is now where my rhom rules
and he wouldnta lasted a day with that bastard!!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love them!! they eat everything and swim around out in the open ALL THE TIME!!

God only knows what they will be like when they are bigger

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, i saw what "well..." was this morning.

i always knew it was a possibility. i just dint think at that young they would take out my pleco

mean bastards they are

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry to hear that...you need a bigger tank and a bigger Pleco (try a 10") too!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, i had toput my 4 inch pleco in there cause he couldnt stay with my rhom

so i tossed him in there thinking that he would last till i was able to get the p's out and to their new tank, but he did not make it. oh well.

i have a 10 inch pleco in there with them right now and he is wonderful *knock on wood*
ive had this pleco for prolly over a year now. (he's my oldest fish)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts