Piranhas Forum banner

Do you think members should donate $1 a year for prizes?

• YES! at 13,000 members = $13,000 in prizes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but how in the world would we get all members involved

• No, it's just not possible

• Maybe, we could do some kind of raffle, not necessariy a site requirement

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
b4 i vote how are all the prizes paid for now
theyre paid for by the charity of our sponsors, members, and generous staff. for instance, crockeeper gave away dart frog setups for free. all of which were his.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
This comes up every once in a while and always ends the same....we will never charge the members to be here. If you want to donate to the site...great...but it will never be required.

A raffle is something we could look into though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
A raffle is a great idea. For example...

Raffle off a nice filtration system. $5 per raffle e-ticket. Any amount over the cost of the filtration system could be donated to the site.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds good on the surface, but who would be in charge and how will we police the raffle to ensure it's not rigged? Not saying it would be, but I was part of a raffle on another forum and because it was handled by mods and close members of the mods when another mod won all hell broke loose.

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
Yeah thats the only thing i worry about...biased between mods and some members...maybe a live drawing or something but im cool with a dollar a year

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Please read this idea guys I think it's a good one:

The site could just work with a classifieds add. Look at it like this, lets say someone is selling a piraya, for $200. The site says, "look we will put up the topic, members will have the option to pay a $1 per ticket, or 5 for $4, and 75% will go to you for the fish, and 25% will go to us." The site would be able to pull off a raffle a week, shoot, dang near a raffle a day..."The Daily P-fury Raffle" can you see it now. "I got nothing to do today, shoot whats going up for raffle, yeah I'll pitch in a buck" I could see this working, the 75/25 or 50/50 would be a behind the scenes thing with Mods and the member selling, but I think this site could generate more revenue with an idea like this. If something like this was big enough the raffle ticket could probably include shipping, so if you win the raffle, you just pick up your fish, this kind of incentive would have people buying tickets.

Someone tell me this is a good idea, please!

Kyle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts