Piranhas Forum banner

If you had the opportunity to know the time and place of your death, would you want to know?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would and I would not. It all depends on how you look at it...I just finished reading the book "On the beach" and everyone in that book knew when their time was going to arrive and it was quite amazing observing how they lived their final days. I realize the book was a work of fiction but it certainly brings up a sobering topic such as this poll.

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
To answer your question would mean to believe in fate, that your death and the place are certain. But I don't believe in fate, my life is what I make of it, if I let it go, it goes, if I use it and I have used it. Each decision, action lead you from one to another. The future is the result of now, and the future is now. My death and the place of my death, are uncertained...I can make it right here if I wanted, before this computer as I am typing, but it's my choice not to. Accidents, is because you place yourself there...consciously or unconsciously and of course, it can involve more than your action alone.

But that's my answer.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
I would, that way I could use all my vacation days, tell everyone at work to f off and not give one sh*t.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
I wouldn't for the sole fact that if I died in a lame or pathetic way then I would be really embarassed about the entire thing.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I wouldnt because then I would dwell and be depressed when the day came closer. I want to enjoy life as much as possible and I dont see how that would be possible if I knew when i would die.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I would and I would not. It all depends on how you look at it...I just finished reading the book "On the beach" and everyone in that book knew when their time was going to arrive and it was quite amazing observing how they lived their final days. I realize the book was a work of fiction but it certainly brings up a sobering topic such as this poll.
Excellent movie as well, well worth watching.

As an answer to the question: ABSOLUTELY I would like to know when it will happen. I f I were going to die next week, I'd go next door and throw my neighbor's lawnmover, trimmer, chainsaw, edger and all the rest of his noisey equipment that he runs at 6:30 am, out into the street. There's also a city police officer that would get a visit from me.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ahhh.... interesting... most of us selected "no"
I wouldn't want to know... but then again.. if I could find out... maybe it'd be able to change my destiny? =p

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I would definitely want to know. This way if I was going to die young I could spend every last cent I had to do everything I wanted to do before i died.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
I would definitely want to know. This way if I was going to die young I could spend every last cent I had to do everything I wanted to do before i died.
Exactly. Like right now I'm thinking of the future and saving. If I found I was gonna die, I'd be spending that cash.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This was a fun poll for me. The results were suprisingly close. He are the results after 24 hours:

YES [ 12 ] [52.17%]
NO [ 11 ] [47.83%]

A huge thanks goes out to those that participated in today's poll. Please make sure to vote on my daily poll installments!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts