Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Atlanta Area LFS

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:26 AM (#1) User is offline   Gumby 

• Obsessed
  • Group: Members

My personal favorites:

Petland, Duluth: This store has an AMAZING plant selection(best in Atlanta). They stock 75+ species of plants. The have very down to earth, knowledgeable sales people. They are also down with doing special orders. They ordered me a Payara. They also stock wolf fish and various other oddball predators. They've got probably 20+ species of Cory cats, and 20+ species of fancy plecos. They also cary hard to find things like Killie Fish and Discus. If you're a saltwater person, they have an amazing selection of fish, but their reef selection is just crazy. They have 5 seperate 75 gal tanks with corals in them. Only thing I don't like is some of their stuff can be a bit pricy. If you're not going there to shop, just go to look... Tanks are well decorated and well taken care of. Definately my favorite store.

The Avarium, also in Duluth: This store is a Mom and Pop's style store. A lot of their staff members are also members of the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. They stock a lot of African cichlids and have a crazy selection of fancy plecos. Their plant selection is ok, same goes with their corals. The old dude that works there(owner) can be a little weird and bland, but you learn to like him.

Under the Wave, Duluth: Another mom and pops store, right down the road from the Avarium. Their best stuff is in saltwater. Lots of salt water fish, and some weird/rare ones too. If you're a fan of African Chichlids, you'll like this store... they have a TON of Africans. As far as the rest of freshwater goes, it's a decent selection for the size of the store. They do stock oddball predators, but they can be hard to find, so ask the people that work there if they have them. Probably one of the best stores to go to if you need hard to find filter/tank accessories.

Fish Store and More, Lenox Mall area: The place is hard to find, but it's an awesome store. They really have everything you need. Due to the fact that they're in Atlanta and I'm not, I haven't been there in over a year, but last time I was there they had pretty much everything. Discus, plecos, oddball predators(fresh and salt), a huge tank/filter selection. They also have a ton of amazing display tanks. One of them is an 800 gallon octogon reef tank that has like 8 metal halides over it. Truly an amazing store. I'm not a huge fan of their staff(pushy and arrogant at times), and their prices can be a bit high. Worth checking out.

These are the best stores that I've visited. There's a few more that are on my list, but I won't add them untill I've been there.

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

• Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation

i agree about fish store and more, the prices are very high (i'm sure its because of where they are located), and some of the staff just make stuff up, like i was in there one day, looking at an orange pike cichlid. when i asked how big it got, i was told 8ft. another staff member heard this and "corrected" him, saying they only got 6ft. the only person who seems to know what they are talking about is the manager of the fish (don't know her name, but she has blue hair)

• Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation

also, the asian fish market at chamblee tucker & buford highway

they got some pretty cool stuff, mostly arowanas (very good prices) they also have a huge dat in the main tank, i'm thinking about getting him.

they don't carry many oddballs thou. the only real oddball i saw was a lungfish.

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:26 PM (#4) User is offline   Tensa 

• King of CoHab

Under the Wave is closed now.

Aviarium, Duluth had a very nice selection and top notch tank care. both fresh and salt water tanks were as clean as could be. sales people seemed to be friendly but i didnt spend much time talking i kind of ran in and ran out. good selection and they also had 3 shark eggs lol. only thing i could find wrong which was a stretch was the koi tank in the front left of the store with about half a dozen small koi seemed very very hungry every other fish in the store seemed healthy and well fed but not over fed. some things seemed expensive in the store but other prices were very reasonable. still some of the lower prices in town.

Petland, Duluth had ridiculous prices on almost every fish. they had a lot of cichlids but mostly blue assorted cichlids. they had a tank with peacock bass that my mother pointed out and the peacocks all looked terrible. a couple other fish in the store had a similar bulge and i know they definitely are species that shouldnt bulge like that. i dont know if they had just fed the peacocks or not but they looked like their bellies were bulging unnaturally. also a few dead fish between all the tanks but that is to be expected at any pet store. they did have one jardini arrowana that seemed to be in good health but it was 89 dollars and smaller in size.
Posted Image Member of the Month, October 2008 Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:39 PM (#5) User is offline   Tensa 

• King of CoHab

Fish Store and More is closed im going to asian tropical fish today so ill post about them too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:33 PM (#6) User is offline   Tensa 

• King of CoHab

Asian Tropical Fish, I went there today and they had some nice fish. not the most impressive assortment of fish but they did have a lot of arrow's and flowerhorns and some nice koi. decent choice of cichlids as well. it is not a super clean store. there was water on the floor and seemed to need a few repairs as well as some dead fish in various tanks. they still had some good stock though so it is not all bad. service is ok only problem is the person who works there is not a amazing english speaker no big deal because he still cut me a deal on 2 larger frontosas that i bought from them. they had a tank with a lot of peacock bass also. i was tempted to buy a few other fish in the store but decided to just get the frontosas because the price was good. prices are reasonable on most fish just keep in mind some of the fish are on the rarer side and they demand a higher price. O yea almost forgot one of the flowerhorns i fell in love with because he was banging at the glass and managed to splash me when i turned my back. i have bad luck with flowerhorns and he was more then i was willing to pay so i just looked at him and went on my marry way. its def a store worth checking out aside from the messy aspect of the store the fish seem ok. one of the frontosas i purchases is especially nice.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:32 PM (#7) User is offline   Tensa 

• King of CoHab

Petland, Duluth is closed. they may have relocated but i am not sure as i am not from the area. i was just passing by and planned to stop and noticed they are completely shut down.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language