Midway Tropical Fish and Pets Kent, WA

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:53 PM (#1) User is offline   Scrappy 

• Let's split up gang!
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Subaru's and 1911's.

Midway Tropical Fish and Pets
24101 Pacific Hwy S, Kent WA
206-824-2616

They don't have any p's, but they do have a good variety of fish you won't see in the bigger chains. I.E. Flowerhorns, Midas, etc..

Their staff is always helpful, but not the most compitant.

Their fish are always in great condition.

This post has been edited by scrappydoo: 22 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image
A dozen cookies are placed in front of a CEO, a Tea Partier, and a Union member. The CEO takes 11 cookies, then looking at the TP'er says, "Watch that guy, he wants a piece of your cookie".

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:49 AM (#2) User is offline   BlackSunshine 

• I will bite your face!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Fish stuff. Right now I'm on a shrimp mission. No predators

highly dissagree.
they are shadey and arrogant. At least the kid I spoke to was. He seemed to be the man that ran the fish pricing and ordering because one of the other guys went to him for an ok to drop the price on a fish for someone.

They had Hujeta Gars listed as African Tigerfish. Now I seen this and me being the local athourity on ATF's (only because I'm the only one I know who had one around here haha) I felt that I should correct him as this was a high profile fish that was being misrepresented. Altho the price would have been killer for an actual ATF this sadly was not one. I tried to tell the kid and he got VERY arrogant and Stood firm that it was an ATF. I assured him the fish was def not an ATF but he would not budge. I decided that I do not wish to give my money to a store that would so blatently misrepresent what it is they are selling. So I put down the goods that I was going to buy. passed on a 1" fahaka that was going to be tank pals with my Betta. And walked out. I doubt I will ever go back there.
The place is also laid out very poorly and they have kinda shitty fish. They do carry alot of Jebo stuff. But they have it marked WAY up.
Most of their fish are what I would call B and C stock. nothing high grade or all that great.
Pow

• Interested
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation

i have bought many fish from them including my silver aro, and all have been of excellent quality! my aro was the best looking out of all the fish stores i have visited but the staff isnt great. but i have never found a fish stores staff any where to actually know what they are talking bout. i also bought a large tank from them, best price i could find locally.

• Interested
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation

View Postdmopar74, on Oct 8 2006, 11:55 AM, said:

i have bought many fish from them including my silver aro, and all have been of excellent quality! my aro was the best looking out of all the fish stores i have visited but the staff isnt great. but i have never found a fish stores staff any where to actually know what they are talking bout. i also bought a large tank from them, best price i could find locally.

Do they still have those two Ps in a NFS tank? Piranha are illegal in Washington, but they have two that were grandfathered in. One of them was my uncle's, and must have been 28 years old the last time I was in there. I remember that fish from way back, and the last time I went in there I couldn't believe it was still alive. The guy in the store didn't even know where they got them from, so I told him. He was a bit skeptical that the fish was that old, but it's true.

It may be dead by now. Who knows?

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:47 AM (#5) User is offline   AKSkirmish 

• Pygocentrus piraya
  • Group: Senior Member

Got to say this is about the shittiest looking place out their for a darn fish store....

I stopped in there while on vacation last year....Helpful people.nice stock,crappy tank conditions...Good prices and was willing to work with my everyway possible to make me a happy customer...Was willing to pack and ship anyfish in their building I wanted and have it sent to my door-Was willing to talk wholesale cost as well....
Customer service was surely where it was at when I was talking to them..Things might have changed...But that was my experience their...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language