Week long vacation...how to feed? - Piranha-Fury Forums

Piranha-Fury Forums: Week long vacation...how to feed? - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Week long vacation...how to feed? Rate Topic: -----

• Interested
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation

Hello, i have 4 2" rb in a 55 gal, and am wondering if anyone has ever gone on vacation for a week or so and in what way they fed their fish. I was thinking about stocking the tank right before leaving with an excess of feeders, since no one will be able to feed the fish for me. thanks in advance...

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

• Addicted

To me this situation is quite the gamble...Most fish can survive a week without food depending on their size and environment, but it's not something I'd test the waters with...Iam often gone on weekends and just this last one, I missed a day of feeding which caused heavy fin nips :lmao:...Can try you're idea with feeders for it should work, but I'd try again to see if you can find someone to feed your tank on a daily basis :lmao:

• Interested

I would like to find someone, but since i'm at school, no one will be staying here....

• Serrasalmus spilopleura

i went home for 2 weeks and my fish were fine excpet one that died cause of my room mate not adding water conditioner.. just make sure u do a big water change b4 u leave and when u get back.. if all else fails u can make dividers so they dont kill each other if u cant find sum1 to fee dthem

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:52 PM (#5) User is offline   Grosse Gurke 

• The ASSMAN
  • View gallery
  • Group: Senior Member

I would divide the tank if you are worried about the fish killing eachother. just get some eggcrate from home depot and cut it up into 3 dividers. I wouldnt feed them anything...they can easily go more than a week and your water will be fine when you return.

• Infatuated

MY Spring break is coming up and ill be gone for a week so i bought an automatic feeder and i have a friend whose gunna make sure everythings ok halfway through the week for me. Anyone of you guys ever used one?

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:29 AM (#7) User is offline   davidpeter 

• Interested
  • Group: Members

if you do plan leaving your pet for 2 weeks and make sure it has 2 food dishes and 2 water bottles maybe get a treat stick, so it can gnaw on that, also you can scatter some food around, and your gonna wanna make sure you lock up the cage good so it doesn't escape while your gone so you could put a clip or something on the cage door, And like skywilling said again maybe you could attach its cage to a bin so whens it is bored it has more space, also if you want to keep it busy you can make some boredom breakers. I would do it when i was going on vacation in Lakeside Beach.Even the place has pet friendly Beach Lodges,you can take it with you.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:40 AM (#8) User is offline   jalam 

• Interested

View Postdavidpeter, on 16 November 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

if you do plan leaving your pet for 2 weeks and make sure it has 2 food dishes and 2 water bottles maybe get a treat stick, so it can gnaw on that, also you can scatter some food around, and your gonna wanna make sure you lock up the cage good so it doesn't escape while your gone so you could put a clip or something on the cage door, And like skywilling said again maybe you could attach its cage to a bin so whens it is bored it has more space, also if you want to keep it busy you can make some boredom breakers. I would do it when i was going on vacation in Lakeside Beach.Even the place has pet friendly Beach Lodges,you can take it with you.

Best...advice...ever.Posted Image

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:36 PM (#9) User is offline   wizardslovak 

• Fanatic
  • View gallery
  • Interests:....lots....
  • Current Piranhas: 3 x RBP , BlackRhombeus

i wouldnt worry much , piranhas can survive for long time without food
3 Reds
1 mean little Rhom

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1