feeding while on vacation? - Piranha-Fury Forums

Piranha-Fury Forums: feeding while on vacation? - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

feeding while on vacation? what do you guys do? Rate Topic: -----

• Obsessed
  • Group: Awaiting Authorisation

I was just thinking, how do all of you feed your piranhas while your on vacation? The reason I'm asking this is because my family and I sometimes like to go on vacations like 3 times every year. But when we do we're usually gone for more than a week. I was just wondering how you people would feed your piranhas in that situation?

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 20 April 2003 - 01:41 PM (#2) User is offline   phensway 

• Fanatic
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Pit Bulls, piranhas, pussy, guns, drugs, and hunting

if you cant have someone come keep an eye on them........, I feed mine a lot of blood worms and shrimp before i go, and then make sure there is a lot of feeder fish....i use a variety of feeder fish (guppies, rosies, golds) bc the rosies are reallly stupid and die easy, and the guppies hide real easy.......... so this normally takes care of business for me...... good luck

• Obsessed

Thanks, I'll probably ask my grandma but if not I'll do what you said.

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:21 PM (#4) User is offline   Grosse Gurke 

• The ASSMAN
  • View gallery
  • Group: Senior Member

Dont do the feeder thing. If they dont eat them and just kill them you water will be f*cked. If you can just get someone to feed them, or seperate them.

• Obsessed

ok thanks :thumbup:

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:15 AM (#6) User is offline   Mr. Hannibal 

• OPEFE
  • View gallery

If you are goin out for a week and donīt have someone to care just donīt feed them...they will be OK!
Piranhas i have now:
(8) Pygocentrus cariba, (1) Serrasalmus rhombeus, (1) Serrasalmus irritans, (1) Pristobrycon striolatus

Piranhas i have had before:
Pygocentrus cariba, Serrasalmus rhombeus, Serrasalmus irritans, Serrasalmus eigenmanni, Serrasalmus elongatus, Serrasalmus manueli, Serrasalmus medinai, Serrasalmus neveriensis, Pristobrycon careospinus, Pristobrycon striolatus, Pristobrycon maculipinnis, Pygopristis denticulata, Catoprion mento

Posted ImagePosted Image
Member of the Month, May 2011

Catch and release is the only way to go...

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in...

• Obsessed

Really, because aren't the piranhas used to eating every day and if you don't feed them for a week they might eat each other. I'd probably have to devide them first right?

Posted 21 April 2003 - 11:27 AM (#8) User is offline   Innes 

• joey'd is da man

I get someone to feed mine, but otherwise I would add some small fish like tetras or danios incase the piranhas get hungry - if they are small there is less chance the piranhas will kill and leave them as they are bite sized.

or seperate them so they don't eat each other.

you can also get mecanical things that drop food in every day - you could get one and fill it with cichlid sticks :suspect:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageMember of the Month, March 2003
Posted ImageMember of the Month, April 2004

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:07 PM (#9) User is offline   pcrose 

• Beautiful One
  • Interests:Animals, music, books, drawing, videogames the color blue, vampires, anything that flies
  • Current Piranhas: Angel in disguise

Just show your grandma how to feed them and you will be fine. That is a good idea with the feeders but spme piranhas would eat them really fast and it wouldn't last as long unless you had a lot in there.

"And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
-Boondock Saints

• Psychotic

Give them a big feast before you leave and turn down the temp slightly before you leave and leave them in little to n lighting so that they are less active and metabolism slows down slightly.

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:44 AM (#11) User is offline   Croz 

• "The Video Pimp"
  • View gallery
  • Interests:POKER! poker is one of my biggest interests. i also like my xbox 360, going out with friends, working on my car, movies gotta see all the new movies, gambling oh i guess that goes with poker, woman love the woman, piranhas gotta love those little hell crazy devils, i guess thats it. oh can't forget the family!

what everyone else said , aslo the idea with the autofeeder is good if you can't get someone to feed them. but you need to make sure they will eat whatever is in the autofeeder first. like my reds wont eat pelets but will eat flake food. so just try and few things. the aut feeder itself is only like $15-25
86G with 5 6"-7" Cariba

Some Feeding Videos - Kick Ass

• Captivated

i would just tell a friend that is also interested in piranha's and show them how to feed them and what to feed them. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

• Captivated

Live fish:)  :laugh:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:17 AM (#14) User is offline   allenkain 

• Interested

I keep going over it in my head, after returning from a two week Vacation to Florida, I found 6 fish met what appears to be a horrible death. I have been puzzled by these deaths because some of these fish, specifically the clown loach and featherfin are like banshee warriors who won't go down without a fight. The one thing all the dead fish had in common were they ate from this zoo med plankton feeding block I put in for the pleco. The pleco is still alive and kicking (but of course). Not sure which fish went first, some of the fish were nothing but skull and bones, no doubt the bichirs took care of them and they are still alive so it couldn't have been toxic to eat the dead fish. Water parameters were pristine when I left. The only thing I can think of is that plankton feeder block I added on the day I left.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language