Piranha-Fury Forums: New Juvenille Rhom Feeding Help - Piranha-Fury Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Juvenille Rhom Feeding Help Rate Topic: -----

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:14 AM (#1) User is offline   Jace_Thomas 

• Interested
  • Group: Members

Earlier today I received my juvi rhom and I was very excited. I see all of the posts looking to see what to feed him and people say pellets or fillets. He is only 2" long so I'm not sure if he can accept those at a small size. I have both at the moment. Should I just introduce it to him and see what happens? Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Remove Advertisements User is offline   Advertisements 

• Piranha-Fury.com

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:57 AM (#2) User is offline   Ęgir 

• View gallery
  • Group: Senior Member

I would crush up the pellets a little, make them more bite sized. When my rhom was smaller I used a paperclip on a string to hang the small cube fillet or shrimp off the ground.

Odds are it will take time before it eats in front of you, and if you just got it could take days for it to even eat.
Posted Image

His hall is a place of sanctuary lit with bright gold, and where the beer pours itself.

Posted Image

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:24 AM (#3) User is offline   AndreHilton 

• Interested

View PostJace_Thomas, on 08 June 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

Earlier today I received my juvi rhom and I was very excited. I see all of the posts looking to see what to feed him and people say pellets or fillets. He is only 2" long so I'm not sure if he can accept those at a small size. I have both at the moment. Should I just introduce it to him and see what happens? Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Where you from @Jace_Thomas? I'm from Philippines and I'm looking forward to buy 2 Black Piranha/Rhom or 2 RBP. Can you help me? And how much it cost? Thanks in advance.. :)

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:04 PM (#4) User is offline   yohanan 

• Captivated
  • Current Piranhas: serrasalmus irritans

fillets, raw shrimp, earthworms, meal worms. just cut up the fillets or shrimp into pieces sized appropriately for the fish. Rhoms grow fast their first year or so, about 6". as he grows, cut your chunks a little bigger. crickets are also nutritious for them. avoid live feeder fish, and do not feed the fish any mammalian, or avian meats as the lipids in them are difficult for the fish to digest and can cause organ damage and shorten the life span of your fish

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language